1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

hue sync help

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
rohazon

hue sync help

Post by rohazon » 19 Sep 2018, 08:07

hello,

I just setup today MrMc on my 2015 Shield (latest firmware) and I'm now trying to get my hue lights to sync.
In settings, I was able to pair bridge and added 2 lights as ambilight mode (i have 2 hue go lights)
When i launched a movie, my lights were already ON ; MrMc switch color once and then lights keep fix color, no changed.
i did check the wiki / forum but couldn't find anything relevant.
can anyone help me out please.

Thanks and enjoy your day
Rohazon

notlbishop

Re: hue sync help

Post by notlbishop » 19 Sep 2018, 08:48

was this on a 4k movie? I am seeing similar behaviour on appletv. i think this might work ok on 1080 but for some reason i never seem to get a response from anyone around here.

rohazon

Post by rohazon » 19 Sep 2018, 10:05

i only play 1080p (or 1080i) file.
do you know if i need to give logs ? if yes, is it as for spmc/kodi to pull logs out?
notlbishop wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 08:48
was this on a 4k movie? I am seeing similar behaviour on appletv. i think this might work ok on 1080 but for some reason i never seem to get a response from anyone around here.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 19 Sep 2018, 19:09

The 4K issue is specific to ATV. This is Shield.

See https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Debug_log to get and provide a debug log.

rohazon

Post by rohazon » 20 Sep 2018, 11:20

koying wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 19:09

See https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Debug_log to get and provide a debug log.
Hello Koying,

Thanks for your reply,

i will give two logs, as i encounter another problem, gamepad and remote not acting at startup , i can hear sound as if it working but nothing highlight or open (only "back" command is working), i need to use a mouse and highlights some content on the left side for both remote and gamepad to work.

-hue sync problem log will also contain gamepad log ( log is too heavy for pastebin (1.06 Mo) and don't have pro account, so had to create personal link)
"deleted"
no username
password: huelog

-gamepad log (without huesync activated)

https://pastebin.com/TreVB881

Thanks for your help
Last edited by rohazon on 28 Sep 2018, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 20 Sep 2018, 19:04

Oh, did you enable "Enable capture" in the mrmc codec settings (and accepted the system prompt for capturing frames)?

Might need to make that a bit more obvious ;)

rohazon

Post by rohazon » 20 Sep 2018, 20:41

koying wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 19:04
Oh, did you enable "Enable capture" in the mrmc codec settings (and accepted the system prompt for capturing frames)?

Might need to make that a bit more obvious ;)
i did not..., thanks a lot. it is now working :D and Well done to the team for all that job
if i may say so, Transition are brutal compare to huestacean (github project) but still great to have it inside mrmc

Would you also know what is happening with controller/remote not responding?
I already explain before but i will summarize in French as i might explain it better :
après le démarrage de MrMc, alors que j'appuie sur une direction ou sur le bouton A, j'entends bien le bruit associé à un bouton de la télécommande (ou manette), mais à l'écran rien ne se passe . Les 2 seuls boutons à fonctionner sont B et "retour" qui minimise mrmc.
Cependant en activant ma souris et en survolant des médias ou catégories, je peux ensuite reprendre la main avec la télécommande/manette.

let me know if you need more informations

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 20 Sep 2018, 22:22

Re hue, there is no transition, indeed. I find it more important for the ambilight to match what's onscreen.

I'm abroad currently, so cannot test gamepad right now.
I'll try to reproduce next week.

rohazon

Post by rohazon » 21 Sep 2018, 06:40

koying wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 22:22
Re hue, there is no transition, indeed. I find it more important for the ambilight to match what's onscreen.

I'm abroad currently, so cannot test gamepad right now.
I'll try to reproduce next week.
appreciate, thank you

thesuffering

Post by thesuffering » 21 Sep 2018, 16:18

I have this working fine on my Shield TV and Hue setup. Question is, is there a way to not do Ambilight, but rather just have the hue lights dim on play, and go bright again on pause or stop?