1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Micro stuttering with every version of KODI except SPMC 16 and MRMC

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
shasoosh

Micro stuttering with every version of KODI except SPMC 16 and MRMC

Post by shasoosh » 26 Aug 2018, 09:52

It's a long shot, but maybe @Koying will know \ remember.

I'm a long time SPMC user and recently wanted to upgrade to Kodi 17 or 18. My first go to was to buy MrMC (Which I did) but with its current Limitations I'm trying to use Kodi for the time being.
SPMC & MrMC does something very unique as opposed to other Kodi versions which is adjusting the playback FPS according to the content.
So for example, if "Adjust display refresh rate" is set to OFF, while my SHIELD outputs 59.94 & playing a 24FPS movie, the debug OSD will show that FPS are 59.94 in the SPMC & MrMC GUI but will change to 24FPS while playing the movie. This never happens in Kodi 17 or 18.

Why is it good?
In SPMC & MrMC settings
"Adjust display refresh rate" set to OFF
"Sync playback to display" set to ON
eliminates stuttering and judder completely without changing the TV refresh rate.

In Kodi 17.6 with the same settings, I'll drop frames every few seconds. I suspect it's due to do fact the the FPS is 59.94 in the GUI and also when playing a 24FPS movie.
Changing the settings to:
"Adjust display refresh rate" set to ON
"Sync playback to display" set to ON
Will result a clean smooth playback but the TV will take a few seconds to change the refresh rate on every play.

Do you have any idea what's going on or what was implemented in SPMC & MrMC that Kodi doesn't do?
Was there magic involved?

Thanks

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Micro stuttering with every version of KODI except SPMC 16 and MRMC

Post by davilla » 26 Aug 2018, 12:49

The magic was don't fix what was not broken :)

Kodi v16 had real good player/renderer sync. We retained that. In Kodi v17/v18, the player/render code was drastically changed and the focus became desktop boxes. Here, we care about stability and functionality rather than shinny.

We are not Kodi v16, nor v17 or 18, but a mix of what we think works well and is stable.

The changes in Kodi v17/18 are interesting, maybe they will settle down and become useful on boxes other than desktop/x86. Only time will tell.

shasoosh

Post by shasoosh » 26 Aug 2018, 15:28

Interesting. I was under the impression that MrMC is based on Kodi 17.
I guess I'll use SPMC for now until MrMC fits me better.

Keep up the good work guys.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Aug 2018, 21:43

shasoosh wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 15:28
Interesting. I was under the impression that MrMC is based on Kodi 17.
I guess I'll use SPMC for now until MrMC fits me better.

Keep up the good work guys.
Based is a good relative word. Kodi v17 AppleTV is based on MrMC :)

We forked at v16 but have brought in much from v17/18 except for player/rendering changes.

Database is v17 compatible.