1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Problem with metadata

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
quasarpod

Problem with metadata

Post by quasarpod »

Been using MRMC for a couple of months with no problems, but a couple of weeks ago I had cause to reset the Nvidia shield tv and rebuild the film libraries through MRMC. Used TMDB for the metadata and all okay with info about the film with the exception of the technical info. All the techie stuff like whether the film is 4k or 1080, 5.1, DTS or AAC, etc., is missing. The only info that is present is the film rating and the *user rating. Strangely if the film is played for a few seconds and then closed all the techie info is shown. Have tried the universal movie scraper with the same results. I'm hoping someone can advise if I'm doing something wrong or how to fix the problem.
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Problem with metadata

Post by koying »

"Techie stuff" doesn't come from TMDB et al, obviously (how would they know how you ripped your movies?).

It's built automatically by MrMC itself, over time.
MychaelP

Post by MychaelP »

I have the same problem, however on the Fire TV. It's been this way for more than a year. I even tried factory resetting and redoing everything.
Like the OP, if I play a file for a second and stop it, all the metadata shows up. It sucks because sometimes I want to know what audio it is in to set my receiver properly.
I was told way back, and even on the Git that it would be fixed. Not yet.
Still happy with the app as it is simple., loads fast and no add-ons in the background to update all the time taking away precious memory, so thanks for that
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Iirc, if you leave MrMC on the list of movies for a while, it would auto-populate the stream details, but don't quote me on this
quasarpod

Post by quasarpod »

Dear Koying,
Thank you for your rapid response to my question. However, I must take issue with your statement that it is “obvious” the techie stuff doesn’t come from TMDB. To you and to your technical colleagues it may well be obvious, but to a complete lay person like myself it is far from obvious. For all I know when TMDB is used it could well reference the film file to obtain that sort of information.
One of the reasons I raised the question is because both SPMC and KODI provide the techie information near enough immediately, and I am looking for MrMC to do the same. Telling me that MrMC will garner this information ‘over time’ doesn’t mean a great deal. To my mind MrMC should be able to replicate what is currently achieved with SPMC and KODI. May I request that if this is not already planned for MrMC then it be included in a future release.
Best regards.
Kris
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Ok, I retract the "obvious" and replace by "common sense" ;)

I'll have a look
quasarpod

Post by quasarpod »

Thank you.
Roman77

Post by Roman77 »

I can confirm the same thing, always have to manual refresh information to get the metadata, is there any news on this topic?

Cheers