1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Simply press "play" to start playback

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Elijah_Baley

Simply press "play" to start playback

Post by Elijah_Baley »

What I would like to do seems quite simple. I would like to be able to highlight a video and simply press play and have the video start playing.

I am wanting to use MrMC on both my Shield TV and my Fire TV but this one thing is keeping me from finding it simple to use.

It seems like a very basic piece of functionality that I am missing, Is there a setting somewhere or a skin that turns this on?

I am using MrMC in its standard setup just as initially installed as I do not want to change a bunch of things and mess something up until I am more familiar with the interface.

Thanks for any help or directions as to where I might look.
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Simply press "play" to start playback

Post by koying »

Press "play" on what?
Pressing the center/action button to start a video is the standard setup.

What's happening on your side, exactly?
Elijah_Baley

Post by Elijah_Baley »

As I said I want to highlight a video, say a movie, and press play and have it play. Right now it starts with select which I believe should bring up a pre-play screen with details and the play button does nothing.

It seems to me that having play actually play and select bring up a screen where you see the details of the movie makes more sense.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Describe exactly and in detail what you mean by 'press play'. Pretend we are small children :)

And there is a setting that control what select does, ie play or show info.
Elijah_Baley

Post by Elijah_Baley »

davilla wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 11:46 Describe exactly and in detail what you mean by 'press play'. Pretend we are small children :)

And there is a setting that control what select does, ie play or show info.
There is a button on my remote that is a combination of play and pause. It has the symbol for play/pause on it. The symbol looks like a > followed by a vertical =. It is not the "select" or the "OK" button. When a video is actually playing it stops (pauses) and starts (plays) the video just fine but it does nothing at the level where the poster for the video is shown and highlighted. That is the button is the play button.

As far as what I mean by pressing it; I put my thumb on that button on the remote and press down on it and release it.

I do not know how I can be of any more detail as that is exactly what is happening and exactly what the button is.

I should note that in the actual Plex app and the Emby app and the Amazon app and every other app on my Shield that play button starts the video from any screen where its poster is highlighted.

One more thing: This is true for my Harmony remote, the Harmony app, a Fire TV remote that is paired with the Shield and the actual Shield remote that implements "play" by a double tap of the volume slider. None of those will start a playback.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

So, basically, press whatever "play" button to start a video, no matter the "play or show info" setting?
Makes sense...
Elijah_Baley

Post by Elijah_Baley »

koying wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 09:09 So, basically, press whatever "play" button to start a video, no matter the "play or show info" setting?
Makes sense...
Yes, exactly. Play should play as it is a different button from select or OK. Also that is how it works in every other app I use.