1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

BDMV folder playback

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
cardsdoc

Re: BDMV folder playback

Post by cardsdoc » 09 Jun 2018, 21:14

So I may have discovered part of the problem. I tried a standard blu ray and it worked fine. All the discs I had tried were Dolby Vision. I’ll try an HDR10 based UHD disc tonight and see if that works.

cardsdoc

Post by cardsdoc » 10 Jun 2018, 04:35

I tried an HDR10 disc with no success. So for me no UHD BDMV folders work but standard blu-ray BDMV folders do. My process is to make full disc back ups via MakeMKV. This produces a BDMV, Certificate, and MakeMKV folder within a folder named for movie. I discard the MakeMKV folder and keep BDMV/Certificate folders. I’ve read that there is some differences with the structure of UHD discs and Kodi has trouble with them. Is MrMC supposed to specifically support them? It should be possible even if it’s not right now. I know infuse on the Apple TV has support for uhd BDMV

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 10 Jun 2018, 11:58

cardsdoc wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 04:35
I tried an HDR10 disc with no success. So for me no UHD BDMV folders work but standard blu-ray BDMV folders do. My process is to make full disc back ups via MakeMKV. This produces a BDMV, Certificate, and MakeMKV folder within a folder named for movie. I discard the MakeMKV folder and keep BDMV/Certificate folders. I’ve read that there is some differences with the structure of UHD discs and Kodi has trouble with them. Is MrMC supposed to specifically support them? It should be possible even if it’s not right now. I know infuse on the Apple TV has support for uhd BDMV
I'd have to look, I think our libblueray needs an update.

cardsdoc

Post by cardsdoc » 11 Jun 2018, 20:31

davilla wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 11:58
cardsdoc wrote:
Looks like UHD requires libblueray 1.0.2 I'm not too familiar with android file systems. I know I can access Shield's internal storage over a windows network. Is it possible to access MrMC files and replace libblueray or it's not accessible without rooting?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 11 Jun 2018, 20:54

cardsdoc wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:31
davilla wrote:
cardsdoc wrote:
Looks like UHD requires libblueray 1.0.2 I'm not too familiar with android file systems. I know I can access Shield's internal storage over a windows network. Is it possible to access MrMC files and replace libblueray or it's not accessible without rooting?
Do this and you will crash :) The lib api must match the version.

cardsdoc

Post by cardsdoc » 11 Jun 2018, 21:00

davilla wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:54
cardsdoc wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:31
davilla wrote:

Do this and you will crash :) The lib api must match the version.
Don't want that! Won't mess with anything then. Thanks for the warning.

costaud

Post by costaud » 26 Jun 2018, 11:11

No news about how to play UHD structure or ISO files on shield TV ?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 26 Jun 2018, 13:24

costaud wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 11:11
No news about how to play UHD structure or ISO files on shield TV ?
The recent testflight builds can do it. Keep up with testflight thread or take part in testing yourself. :)