1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Any skin specific issues
pettergulbra

Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Post by pettergulbra »

Hi

Coming from Spmc, I really miss to adjust my skin as I want.
Like in Black Glass Nova I have my own submenus, I remove everything I don't use and add my own, like a shortcut to YouTube under movies.

As I understand you will not allow installing third-party apps, but is this necessary to make this possible?

Or does anyone else have an solution?

Petter
Zooicidal

Re: Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Post by Zooicidal »

That's my gripe with it too. Ariana skin supposedly lets you add folders to the main menu via the context menu but it doesn't do anything for me.

Currently just using the Favourites to navigate around folders.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Zooicidal wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 11:30 That's my gripe with it too. Ariana skin supposedly lets you add folders to the main menu via the context menu but it doesn't do anything for me.

Currently just using the Favourites to navigate around folders.
It lets you add a source root, not any random folder.
Zooicidal

Post by Zooicidal »

davilla wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 11:44

It lets you add a source root, not any random folder.
I'm not trying to add random folders i'm trying to add source folders. ie I have 'Kids TV' added as a source yet it doesn't get added to the main menu when selecting the option via the context menu.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

If source is scanned into library then it won’t work, it has to be a source with no content set
limpwaster

Post by limpwaster »

I had my SPMC setup in a similar way; Kids Movies, Kids TV, TV Shows, and Movies. Then Movies would take me to a custom video node that had sub categories of Movie Types (Christmas, Chick Flicks, War Films, General, Kids, etc).

It made using everything "wife" and even kid (my 6 year old was learning) proof. I'm half in with MrMC at the moment because my wife doesn't like the change, and TBH it feels like a big step back.

I don't need a guide (although wouldn't say no :) ) but is it at least possible to go in an hack at the skin manually (I have a fire TV I can adb into) to tweak it to something like this? I get that an update would wipe my changes and I would have to do it again....

I also don't seem to be able to get folders to appear after adding them from the context menu; tried setting content to none, but it doesn't make a difference
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

limpwaster wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 17:22
I don't need a guide (although wouldn't say no :) ) but is it at least possible to go in an hack at the skin manually (I have a fire TV I can adb into) to tweak it to something like this? I get that an update would wipe my changes and I would have to do it again....
My personal opinion is that you should try Plex backend with Mrmc. I belive it can solve all your needs.
Maetrik

Post by Maetrik »

I am also interested in this, as i want/need my custom sources in the submenus. I also would like to rename some strings, as the german translation is a little poor (very long names, resulting in "moving" submenus from left to right).

Thats the only point i am still using Kodi. I dont need any addons, just customizable submenus for sources/paths/playlists. In Kodi you can do this very good with AEON NOX.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Regarding the German strings - we are open to improvements in this area, just make your own translation. There’s a info in wiki about it.

As for custom submenu items - my opinion is that they are not really needed if the Mrmc UI navigation is done right. This is something that was always lacking in XBMC/Kodi and was being “remedied” by using skin scripts. We are planning improvements in this area and thus describing your use case and needs would help us more since we would have a good interface for all users available out of the box, without a need to fiddle with it.
Maetrik

Post by Maetrik »

Well, in my case i'd like to use custom playlists. Examples:

path doescontain movies-kids -> Submenu Movies-Kids (in Movies)
path doescontain archiv/movies-hd > Submenu Movies-Archiv (in Movies)
path doescontain archiv/tv-hd > Submenu TV-Archiv (in Series)
data/tv-temp > Submenu Temp (with path to tv-temp in file mode, as this path will never make it to the database)
data/temp > Videos should go directly to this folder in file mode

I'd like to keep things seperated, not all together as i am using a mix of file mode and database. In Kodi, i always added this directly into the skin xml files until i used AEON NOX, as i could do this through the skin directly there.

German strings:
I'll check and will give you some examples and also suggestions within the next days. Merry XMAS and happy holiday :)