1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Any skin specific issues
pettergulbra

Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Post by pettergulbra » 05 Jul 2018, 18:16

Hi

Coming from Spmc, I really miss to adjust my skin as I want.
Like in Black Glass Nova I have my own submenus, I remove everything I don't use and add my own, like a shortcut to YouTube under movies.

As I understand you will not allow installing third-party apps, but is this necessary to make this possible?

Or does anyone else have an solution?

Petter

Zooicidal

Re: Is there any skin that is a little it adjustable?

Post by Zooicidal » 06 Oct 2018, 11:30

That's my gripe with it too. Ariana skin supposedly lets you add folders to the main menu via the context menu but it doesn't do anything for me.

Currently just using the Favourites to navigate around folders.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Oct 2018, 11:44

Zooicidal wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 11:30
That's my gripe with it too. Ariana skin supposedly lets you add folders to the main menu via the context menu but it doesn't do anything for me.

Currently just using the Favourites to navigate around folders.
It lets you add a source root, not any random folder.

Zooicidal

Post by Zooicidal » 06 Oct 2018, 12:40

davilla wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 11:44

It lets you add a source root, not any random folder.
I'm not trying to add random folders i'm trying to add source folders. ie I have 'Kids TV' added as a source yet it doesn't get added to the main menu when selecting the option via the context menu.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 06 Oct 2018, 13:19

If source is scanned into library then it won’t work, it has to be a source with no content set

limpwaster

Post by limpwaster » 01 Nov 2018, 17:22

I had my SPMC setup in a similar way; Kids Movies, Kids TV, TV Shows, and Movies. Then Movies would take me to a custom video node that had sub categories of Movie Types (Christmas, Chick Flicks, War Films, General, Kids, etc).

It made using everything "wife" and even kid (my 6 year old was learning) proof. I'm half in with MrMC at the moment because my wife doesn't like the change, and TBH it feels like a big step back.

I don't need a guide (although wouldn't say no :) ) but is it at least possible to go in an hack at the skin manually (I have a fire TV I can adb into) to tweak it to something like this? I get that an update would wipe my changes and I would have to do it again....

I also don't seem to be able to get folders to appear after adding them from the context menu; tried setting content to none, but it doesn't make a difference

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 01 Nov 2018, 21:46

limpwaster wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 17:22

I don't need a guide (although wouldn't say no :) ) but is it at least possible to go in an hack at the skin manually (I have a fire TV I can adb into) to tweak it to something like this? I get that an update would wipe my changes and I would have to do it again....
My personal opinion is that you should try Plex backend with Mrmc. I belive it can solve all your needs.