1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex Addon blur background in 3.7

Any issues that are Plex Addon related
generic

Plex Addon blur background in 3.7

Post by generic »

Hello,

I've been using the plex for kodi/mrmc addon on 3.6.2 for a while on Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4ks, and it's been working great. I upgraded to 3.7, along with the upgrade to TvOS 12, re-enabled the plex addon in extensions, but ran into a problem with background art. Sometimes now, the background doesn't blur like it did before, and viewing the detail text of a movie becomes hard to read. Other times, on the plex addon homepage, the "continue watching" items show a blurred background image, instead of the actual background art.

It's easily reproducible, with my apple tv setups.

Does anyone else have the same issue? I'd be happy to roll-back to 3.6.2, if I could find a way to do so, on an Apple TV.

Thanks
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Plex Addon blur background in 3.7

Post by amet »

There was a report of this happening and I thought we fixed it, I’ll have a look again....

No way to roll back to 3.6.2
generic

Post by generic »

Thank you very much.

If there is anything I can provide to help, please let me know.

I appreciate you taking a look.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

fixed now , will be in a next .1 version that should come out soon... sorry for the trouble
generic

Post by generic »

That's great.

In 3.7, it appears the option to launch the Plex Addon from the homepage only exists in "Black Glass Nova". Is that correct? I used to use the "Opacity" default skin in 3.6.2, with just "Plex" and "Settings" visible on the homepage. I don't see how to accomplish that in 3.7 and "Opacity", but I can in "Black Glass Nova".

Thank you again for resolving the blur issue.
whinette

Post by whinette »

You can launch it through the icon on bottom left, -> addons -> plex.
Not ideal but it works.
generic

Post by generic »

I had seen that, but thank you.

I've seen it called "extensions" now, rather than add-ons, in other skins as well.

I typically take advantage of the option to auto-launch the plex add-on, and the option to exit directly back to the apple tv home screen, rather than mrmc, but it's still nice to have a direct shortcut on the mrmc homepage.
generic

Post by generic »

Hi Amet,

Do you happen to know when the next minor release, with the blur background fix, is scheduled to be available in the Apple App Store?

Thanks for your time.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

we are doing some beta tests on FireTV, once thats fixed and we are happy there we will do a quick round of Apple TV TestFlights and push out 3.7.1.. no ETA but should not be too long
whinette

Post by whinette »

The problem also exist on android (shield tv), will it be tested or is it already validated? :)