1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Where can we request addons - what are the limits?

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
sdsnyr94

Where can we request addons - what are the limits?

Post by sdsnyr94 »

"Visit the MrMC forums to request your favorite addons and skins as we will be expanding the packaged selection in future versions."

Where should we do this? What are the restrictions going to be?

Obviously, addons to Pirated crap would be a no go... but what about something like the NHL and MLB addons that eracknaphobia has released for Kodi, which require subscriptions to NHL.tv and MLB.tv?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Where can we request addons - what are the limits?

Post by davilla »

Obviously, access to content holders will require permission of said content holder. And might also depend on App Store restrictions.

For example, there's just no way that Apple will allow us to access NHL/MLB. Those Apps already exist in the Apple Store. And if they did turn a blind eye, I'm sure NHL/MLB would jump at the chance to shut us down.

There will be some gray areas for sure.

Right now, the plan is to step carefully. Last thing we (MrMC) wants is to become tainted like Kodi. That's just not going to happen.
Londo2017

Re: Where can we request addons - what are the limits?

Post by Londo2017 »

And ita good not to see a bloated mrmc version with lots of video content addons, that only a few people use...i would never use an nba addon for example - i know there are some people who will, but where to start and where to end with niche content? 3rd Field hockey league channel of north russia? :D

My opinion: More important are „technical“ system - addons, that improve the system itself like advanced wol launcher, something like dvb / tv addons (i do not use tv in mrmc, but many other people do). Or skins etc...parental controls, advanced favorites, subtiles, keyboard controls, etc...

For me, I only need the advanced wol launcher - but i have not used many addons with kodi before i switched to mrmc.