1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Trakt Initial Setup vs On-going

Any issues relating to https://trakt.tv service
Prodeje79

Trakt Initial Setup vs On-going

Post by Prodeje79 »

I am feeling guilty as I am posting yet another question as I attempt to migrate from my SPMC to MrMC. I debated posting one megathread, but these questions seem unrelated to each other besides being in my initial setup.

I took a look at the Trakt section of the wiki https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Trakt.tv

For the most part seems to make sense. I just want to make sure.

First, with a new setup, I assume I need to perform one "Pull watched status" to get it to sync with all my other boxes (old boxes/SPMC etc) ?

Second, I so far don't see all the various settings I recall in SPMC. Overall, I just want to make sure when I watch part of a show on my shield in the family room, that I can resume where I left off on my FIreTV in the bedroom. And vice versa... perhaps aybe I fall asleep and dont finish a show/movie in master bedroom, then go to my shield and resume where I left off. the next day

I hope i am making sense. I am trying to understand what is automatic with Trakt vs what do I need to configure.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Trakt Initial Setup vs On-going

Post by amet »

to be honest, I don’t think trakt keeps the resume points... I could be wrong..

If you have more than one unit, MySQL is preferred way to sync watched status on all TVs. Each installation will be linked to Trakt and send information about watched videos.
jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy »

Trakt does retain resume states. I used to use it that way in Kodi before trying out things like Emby that do it for you. It is very useful for multiple devices, especially if you're on something that you can't install mysql (like the Shield TV device).

I am not using Emby right now myself and was actually re-looking at the trakt plugin for this purpose myself. I am also moving all my media over to two external HDDs attached to the Shield since my usage is a pretty simple setup (Shield Pro in the Living Room and 16 gb Shield upstairs in the bedroom).

I would like to see this functionality added into the plugin.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

We have watched state for the video, but it does not have resume time. Videos are either watched or not watched, I did not see anywhere in trakt API how to pull resume point from trakt

Besides that, you would need to sync second MrMC installation with trakt every time you want to resume watching... am I misunderstanding what you are intending to do?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

we do track progress, I remember testing it.

A quick look at the code -> CTraktServices::ReportProgress
jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy »

amet wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 06:04 We have watched state for the video, but it does not have resume time. Videos are either watched or not watched, I did not see anywhere in trakt API how to pull resume point from trakt

Besides that, you would need to sync second MrMC installation with trakt every time you want to resume watching... am I misunderstanding what you are intending to do?
Yes, you would need to sync again if you start a new instance in the second MrMC install, but in the settings (on the Kodi plugin) you can set it up to automatically sync when a library update occurs and I always have had Kodi setup to update library when opening Kodi. So, essentially after initial setup it all becomes automatic.

It was a work-around I used since Kodi never sync'ed between two installs without using MySQL, which I never liked using for some reason.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

well, if you are after watched/unwatched status, thats ok... we can do that. but resume point (e.g you stopped watching at 00:22:13) and you want to resume on the other instance is not possible ATM
Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 »

hmmm think it works on Kodi.

Please update wiki with a few sentences to cover this thread, especially initial setup and ongoing setup.

I'd also appreciate adding those initial video and audio setup guides koying had for SPMC for shield and fire tv/stick devices that I requested in the other thread.