1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DVD rips (Vob files inside Video_TS folders) playback via Emby library

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
gnollo

DVD rips (Vob files inside Video_TS folders) playback via Emby library

Post by gnollo »

Hi everyone. I am able to play the dvd rips if I add Source then select the folder on the network where they are located, and add them as a local library.
If I try to play the same movies via the emby library, it fails. Is this a bug or functionality that needs to be added or configuration issue on my side?
Regards
Montoya

Re: DVD rips (Vob files inside Video_TS folders) playback via Emby library

Post by Montoya »

Does this Emby setting for you library folder in Emby make a difference, when you also set the share path ? :
Foldersettings.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
gnollo

Post by gnollo »

They are empty. I added each folder which reside in the server as
\\mnt\user\unraid\"folder name"

Those folders are reachable from other PCs on the LAN as
\\tower\unraid\"folder name"

Should I add the internal network location as described above in the empty field?
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

gnollo wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 13:55 Should I add the internal network location as described above in the empty field?
That is was what I asked, to TEST if adding the internal network location makes a difference.
This way, a Emby client could get direct access to your files by using that location.

That's also why you can configure "Emby for Kodi", to use "direct paths", to play iso's managed by Emby Server.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
gnollo

Post by gnollo »

Tested, doesn't work. I tested many many programs including both versions of Kodi, I cannot get dvdrips to work.
Thankfully I found a batch converter based on makemkv, which is going through my 1K dvdrips now, will probably take less time than I already spent on doing this.
Thanks anyway.
The converter I am testing can be found here
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6556