1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Issue with multiple profiles / users

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
sdmaged99

Issue with multiple profiles / users

Post by sdmaged99 »

Hi All

Looking for some help

I have MrMC (which i am super impressed with!) on my Nvidia Shield TV and i have two user accounts inside the app called Adults and Kids, and then two accounts inside Emby with the same name

I have logged in with the Adults profile, and then connected to the Emby server via the services menu / Emby tab, located the Emby server on the LAN, and then entered the Adults username, which then shows all the correct movies and TV shows when i return to the main screen

However, if i then log off, and log in as Kids, and then set Emby up again, and log in as Kids inside there, when i log off and back on as Adults, the libraries no longer show, and i have to set it up again

This is then just a cycle i can't get out of.

Am i doing something wrong, as i would think this isn't an usual use case scenario? I want the kids to only see the kids emby libraries, and adults to see the adults ones

Many thanks
Montoya

Re: Issue with multiple profiles / users

Post by Montoya »

Have you setup MrMC in each profile for Emby in :
Settings>Services>Emby client>Emby Manual Sign-in ?

And have you created the MrMC profiles with standard settings, so that they use separate sources for Media Info/Sources ?
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply

Yes, both users are signed in to the manual sign in with the correct username

Also the new MrMC profiles were created brand new with separate sources and settings for everything, i didn't "copy from default" on anything
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Have you selected your Emby Server on MrMC Home screen ?

(in Opacity Skin, the most left icon on bottom screen, to switch Server source)
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

Hmm, i'm not sure, ill check and come back to you asap

My wife was complaining that the tv shows in the bedroom were not synced with those in the lounge... (both have Emby, on two shields)