1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How does MrMC's Emby client stream content?

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
Theogeek

How does MrMC's Emby client stream content?

Post by Theogeek »

In Kodi, I can choose how Emby content is streamed (either direct play or htsp). I care, primarily for the subtitle downloading (so the subtitles are stored in the same folder as the content). In Mr.MC, I can't download subtitles for any content because the title it uses to search for is "stream" no matter what content I am using. And, if I try to enter a manual string in the search box, it doesn't use what I typed and defaults to "stream".

Am I doing something wrong, or is subtitle downloading broken?

Thanks!
Theogeek

Re: How does MrMC's Emby client stream content?

Post by Theogeek »

huh...for whatever reason, it started working - it no longer reports the name as "stream". It now however does download the subtitles, but saves them in the TEMP folder and does not keep them around. No matter what I select as the option "store next to movie" or "store in custom folder", it does not store them where I specify and always stores them in a temp folder.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: How does MrMC's Emby client stream content?

Post by amet »

Yeah, that’s how it was intended

Both plex and emby have subtitle download option, downloading them on MrMC is the last resort if emby didn’t find anything.

On my to-do list is to look into saving subtitles locally in a better way so that they can be reused