1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby Addon

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
pauabaer

Emby Addon

Post by pauabaer »

Hi guys,
long time since i was here and what do i see? Python is back and because of this maybe the possibility for some new skins? I saw you have the Plexaddon with its own Skin?

Do you think there is any chance to get such addon for emby too? I like the emby app on the ATV4K, but because they don't support DTS sound and some more i decided to use your mrmc. Which i like..but for me i did not find the right skin yet.

Perhaps you can help me?! :)
cosmoxl

Re: Emby Addon

Post by cosmoxl »

Has emby created an add-on?

The Plex add-on that MrMC is using was developed by Plex devs.
pauabaer

Post by pauabaer »

I guess no.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

cosmoxl wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 13:48 Has emby created an add-on?

The Plex add-on that MrMC is using was developed by Plex devs.
There are two add-ons for Kodi; EmbyCon which allows the access to Emby server DB from within Kodi, and Emby-for-Kodi which populates Kodi DB from Emby's DB.
Non of the two offers a UI to Emby the way Plex add-on does to Plex server (and actually replaces Plex app for tvOS). Those can be adopted by MrMC early, I guess. But I don't really know whether the developers of MrMC are willing to develop an Emby UI the way Emby App for tvOS does.
Introspective

Post by Introspective »

+1 for the EmbyCon addon support please.

This works really well with Kodi.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Embuary takes care of EmbyCon automatically; this would be, perhaps, a quick solution using the built-in Emby client in MrMC.