1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Mixed Content Support

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
icey561

Mixed Content Support

Post by icey561 »

I've been playing around with the Emby server (running on Synology NAS). Emby has an interesting mode called "mixed content" it's sort of a hybrid files/folders mode though it still downloads metadata and even sorts TV shows into seasons but in a file/folder manner even if the underlying files are not arranged that way.

Folders with mixed content set by the Emby server are not picked up by MrMC Emby client. I tried a clean install with just mixed content folders but only after adding a movie category to the server it appeared in MrMC.

If you do decide to support this as they aren't proper TV/Movies sections maybe they could go in video\files in MrMC.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Mixed Content Support

Post by davilla »

icey561 wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 19:24 I've been playing around with the Emby server (running on Synology NAS). Emby has an interesting mode called "mixed content" it's sort of a hybrid files/folders mode though it still downloads metadata and even sorts TV shows into seasons but in a file/folder manner even if the underlying files are not arranged that way.

Folders with mixed content set by the Emby server are not picked up by MrMC Emby client. I tried a clean install with just mixed content folders but only after adding a movie category to the server it appeared in MrMC.

If you do decide to support this as they aren't proper TV/Movies sections maybe they could go in video\files in MrMC.
Any API docs on that mode ?
icey561

Post by icey561 »

My Google skills are not that great the best I could come up with are the links below

* Emby API documentation.
* Browsing the library subsection has this
If CollectionType is null, it indicates a mixed movie/tv folder that should be displayed generically
Playing around with the iPad emby client I noticed that turning on folder view for movies in server settings library\display gets you the exact same output from mixed content so I'm guessing that they are the same thing but the folder mode was split off as a separate display mode.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Any news on this @DEVs ?

Because since a couple of months Emby has given it's PVR functionality a dedicated Recordings Library, which is from the type.... Mixed Content :o

Would be great if MrMC provides access to those too :D
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Just a bump for this request ;)

Reason:
Movie Collections in Emby are for some time already in Mixed Content Emby Libraries, which MrMC does not support.
Any news on this @devs ?
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
eyosha

Post by eyosha »

I encountered that as well yesterday, emby connection and playback works well but mixed content doesn't show in MrMC
hoped it will get fixed next MRMc version