1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio out of sync different amount depending on audio codec?

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
Soaringswine

Audio out of sync different amount depending on audio codec?

Post by Soaringswine »

My setup is MrMC (audio set to passthrough, change refresh rate on start / stop with a delay of 4 seconds, audio offset 0) -> Shield (audio offset 0) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-S720W (7.1 surround, audio offset 0 and Auto Lipsync tried on and off).

I was noticing that the audio would be delayed or ahead depending on audio type: stereo, DD+, DTS and I'd constantly have to mess with audio offset options in MrMC, so I downloaded some AV sync test clips (https://sync-one2.harkwood.co.uk/suppor ... 080-files/) and installed an app designed for checking audio / video offsets on my iPhone (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/catchin ... 41912?mt=8) and ran some tests:

It looks like MrMC will go out of audio sync +220ms to -120ms and some stops in between on if the audio track is 5.1 or stereo.

I don't seem to have this issue with the Netflix or Youtube app on Shield or with other HDMI devices connected to the Denon.
AlexBlomkvist

Re: Audio out of sync different amount depending on audio codec?

Post by AlexBlomkvist »

Hi,

Have you found out what the problem is and if there is any fix? I just recently switched from SPMC to MrMC on the Nvidia Shield and I am having a similar audio out of sync issue but apparently only on some video files.

Thank you.
Soaringswine

Post by Soaringswine »

I set an audio ahead offset of 34 ms on my receiver and that seems to have fixed the issue with Dolby Digital+ (5.1) content. However, stereo content and Atmos have different offsets that I have to mess with every time to get lips synced :-(
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

I'm surpised that an offset of 34ms would change anything.
That's less than a frame in 24p, and "Normal" people can't notice a delay less than 100ms.

Furthermore, I don't experience those symptoms myself.

Could it be bad encodes?
Did you try with Kodi, VLC, ...?
Which version is it? Are you on Testflight?
Soaringswine

Post by Soaringswine »

Yes, the files play fine elsewhere.

In fact they even play in-sync on the Plex app on the Shield.

I am on MrMC 3.7-0 Git:2018-06-14-312a692.
Soaringswine

Post by Soaringswine »

just tried clearing data / cache on the MrMC app and starting from scratch. only change I made was to enable passthrough audio settings.

I then played a Dolby Digital+ 5.1 video and the audio was out of sync. tried disabling refresh rate switching: same issue. playing the exact same video on the Shield Plex app has no sync issues (with audio passthrough enabled and refresh rate switching on even).
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Ok, will try to reproduce
Soaringswine

Post by Soaringswine »

I can share privately some sample video files that require different offsets if you'd like. Or I'd be happy to do some testing / provide debug logs as well.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Yep, samples that are positively wrong on your side would be great
Soaringswine

Post by Soaringswine »

Sent you a PM with 3 samples.