1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

stutttering since new oled tv

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
costaud

Re: stutttering since new oled tv

Post by costaud »

Mmm, sorry but I don't have any problem with MrMc until now, I just try to help the guy ;)

Well, I'm sorry, I just noticed that this thread is from April 2016, I think the problen has to be solve now lol
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

costaud wrote: 29 May 2017, 13:40 MrMc last version is based on KODI 16 or 17 ?
mrmc was forked when kodi was 15, since then we pulled database changes to keep mysql compatibility... so simple answer, Mysql is kodi 17 compatible.
costaud

Post by costaud »

Well, I made some test yesterday evening.
I tested a serie which has the 3 first episode in 23.976 and all next are 25.
all in 23.976 play well with MrMc, but all next in 25 have smooth issue ( bad 25hz support).

I compared with SPMC 16.2 and KODI 17
No problem with KODI 17, everything is perfect with 25hz files.
With SPMC 16.2, if I remove the advancedsettings.xml file, I have the same issue with 25hz files.
When I put back the advancedsettings file, reboot SPMC, it works well.

So I have to use the same advancedsettings file for MrMc ;)

Does futur MrMc version will include new video engine used in KODI 17 and python ?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

costaud wrote: 30 May 2017, 07:25 Does futur MrMc version will include new video engine used in KODI 17 and python ?
only thing we might take from Kodi are some crash fixes , but our video and audio engine is quite a bit different and we will not be using Kodi one.

as for the python, it will NEVER come back.. I'll say it again, NEVER :)
costaud

Post by costaud »

amet wrote: 30 May 2017, 07:50
costaud wrote: 30 May 2017, 07:25 Does futur MrMc version will include new video engine used in KODI 17 and python ?
only thing we might take from Kodi are some crash fixes , but our video and audio engine is quite a bit different and we will not be using Kodi one.

as for the python, it will NEVER come back.. I'll say it again, NEVER :)
Ooopps, I forgot the rules on the top ! :mrgreen:
Sorry ;)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

MrMC code base is a mix from v16 and v17. DataBase is v17, as well as player and renderer with a few exceptions where we think they are going down the wrong path.
costaud

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 30 May 2017, 12:27 MrMC code base is a mix from v16 and v17. DataBase is v17, as well as player and renderer with a few exceptions where we think they are going down the wrong path.
Ok, great ;)
Thanks for the answer.
I'm gonna see with the advancedsettings.xml if 25hz file are better ;)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

how do we get to the advancedsettings.xml file?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 30 May 2017, 16:11 how do we get to the advancedsettings.xml file?
Which platform ? On tvOS, you can add one (via FileManager) but you cannot edit it or read it but the contents will be shown in mrmc.log during startup.
costaud

Post by costaud »

Hi,
I tested with a advancedsettings.xml file (the same I created for SPMC 16, copy and paste in the local MrMc install folder, under "userdata"), and now 25hz files play fine ;)
You just have to add lines I posted on one of my last post in a file named "advancedsettings.xml"