1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

stutttering since new oled tv

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
sylvio2000

stutttering since new oled tv

Post by sylvio2000 »

info:
Since 2 days I have a new oled tv . It is an older model from 2015 (55eg910v). My Nvidia Shield is connected with a Sony soundbar, which is connected with the tv.
Before I had a Panasonic plasma tv which was connected with the shield. There everything was fine.
If I use Live-TV or Netflix directly on the tv (LG apps) no stuttering. I f use Netflix with the shield there is no stuttering, too. Only if use MrMC or SPMC on the shield there is a lot of stuttering.

In every movie/tvshow i can see stuttering. But this is not the "normal" stuttering if you disable refresh rate switching and see some long camera movements. The stuttering occurs in every situation. It looks as if the hardware acceleration is not enabled or the shield is too weak to play the movie.

What have I done so far:
I changed the hdmi cable. I directly connected the shied with the tv. I changed the hdmi input on the tv. I enabled refresh rate switching (which works, because the tv shows the the refresh rate). I disabled all picture enhancements on the tv.

What else can I do?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: stutttering since new oled tv

Post by davilla »

debuglog -> http://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Debug_log

if you have not rebooted the shield, do it.
sylvio2000

Post by sylvio2000 »

I dont know exactly why, but it is a lot better now.

First I tried the FireTV2 and there everything was fine. I saw that it uses outside of MrMC 60Hz. So I thought I have to try it on the Shield too.

I then plugged in the Shield again (so it rebooted :) ) and I set 60Hz in the Shield settings.
Now, the problematic videos run a lot better, but not as smooth as it could be. I have seen that these are movies which natively run at 50HZ. Others run very smooth. So I will have to try some settings on tv and Shield, maybe its gets better.

I dont know if its the 60Hz or the reboot, but its getting better :D
sylvio2000

Post by sylvio2000 »

Ok, the stuttering is there again. I dont know why but it has to be a problem of the shield. But it doesnt seem to affect all tvs.
It seems that only videos with 25fps are affected.

There is a thread in the geforce forum: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ort-25fps/
costaud

Post by costaud »

Have you got same issue with 1080p 59.96 shield settings as recommended ?

25p playback issue is known on shield with kodi or SPMC, before kodi 17, we had to include specific line on the advancedsettings.xml file.

<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fpsmin>24.96</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>24.96</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
</override>
</adjustrefreshrate>

I don't know if MrMc use advancedsettings too ?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

costaud wrote: 29 May 2017, 12:09

yes, you can manually add advanced settings in mrmc userfolder
costaud

Post by costaud »

amet wrote: 29 May 2017, 12:16
costaud wrote: 29 May 2017, 12:09

yes, you can manually add advanced settings in mrmc userfolder
OK so it's like as I did before, good ;)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

costaud wrote: 29 May 2017, 12:09 Have you got same issue with 1080p 59.96 shield settings as recommended ?

25p playback issue is known on shield with kodi or SPMC, before kodi 17, we had to include specific line on the advancedsettings.xml file.

<adjustrefreshrate>
<override>
<fpsmin>24.96</fpsmin>
<fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
<refreshmin>24.96</refreshmin>
<refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
</override>
</adjustrefreshrate>

MrMC on Shield changes refresh rate from 1080p59.96 to 1080p60 for 25p content for me. It seems to be a pretty smooth playback. Wasn't working for you?
costaud

Post by costaud »

Playing 25/50Hz file to 60Hz is not good enough for me, I don't like judder ;)
Since I use MrMc I don't think I played 25Hz/50Hz series, I'm going to see that, if I need to modify the advancedsettings.xml file to correct it.
MrMc last version is based on KODI 16 or 17 ?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The question was... do you actually see jutter or just think it might be there ?