1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

stutttering since new oled tv

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
costaud

Re: stutttering since new oled tv

Post by costaud »

Hello,
well well well, I rebooted three times my shield to have smooth result with advancedsettings.xml file :shock:
With this log, I had a smooth test with my 25hz serie sample.

I hope you will find Something, because it's absolutly impossible to look for 25hz files with MrMc on my shield without the advancedsettings file ! but as I said before, it doesn't work all the time without reboot many times the shield ( if necessary) :mrgreen:

Another question about mediacodec surface and the other mediacodec line, only the surface is selected by default, is it enough ?
I ask that because on SPMC, settings changed many time with one, the both then one , depending on modification done on each update ;)
What settings you recommend ?

If you want a sample of my 25hz video to test, I will be able to upload it ;)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

costaud wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 18:08 Hello,
well well well, I rebooted three times my shield to have smooth result with advancedsettings.xml file :shock:
With this log, I had a smooth test with my 25hz serie sample.

I hope you will find Something, because it's absolutly impossible to look for 25hz files with MrMc on my shield without the advancedsettings file ! but as I said before, it doesn't work all the time without reboot many times the shield ( if necessary) :mrgreen:

Another question about mediacodec surface and the other mediacodec line, only the surface is selected by default, is it enough ?
I ask that because on SPMC, settings changed many time with one, the both then one , depending on modification done on each update ;)
What settings you recommend ?

If you want a sample of my 25hz video to test, I will be able to upload it ;)
MediaCodec (surface) vs MediaCodec (non-surface). The difference only really comes in with 4k and interlaced content. To get 4k display, you must be MediaCodec(surface). Settings have fallbacks for interlaced. So for example, you can have both on with MediaCodec (surface) falling back to non-surface for interlaced content.

Very little of my media content is interlaced, so I just have MediaCodec (surface) enabled unless I'm testing something.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Also some displays need a little more time to settle after switching so the default delay might need to be increased.
costaud

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 18:29 Also some displays need a little more time to settle after switching so the default delay might need to be increased.
Default is 4sec, you think I have to increase ?
Last edited by costaud on 15 Sep 2017, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Resurrecting this thread for something along the same lines...

My shield will now switch to 50fps for 25fps material thanks to an hdfury linker overriding the EDID of my TV.

So, MrMC and SPMC switch to 50fps. However, in MrMC there is stutter while SPMC is smooth.

Could the same sort of fix as this thread used work for me even though I'm at 50fps, not 25?