1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

audio delay and no focus on home menu

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
sylvio2000

Re: audio delay and no focus on home menu

Post by sylvio2000 »

@ amet

I found the reason :D

The home screen isnt on focus if I use 2 profiles with the login window! Without the login window everything is fine (even if there are 2 profiles).
Hope this helps you :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

logan_x50 wrote:I have audio synch issue on every FireTV and FireTV stick (4 in total). this has been the case for a while now...well before mrmc v3

Its like back in the day when when xbmc android was first release all movies needed to have audio offset set to aprox 2.25 ahead. IIRC it may even have been stickied in the forum in the past

I have all audio set at default settings and sound out from the tv (no home cinema/audio out stuff)

as the workaround is simple and i know you guys will ask for debug which is a pain in the butt i thought i'd wait to see if v3 fixed it.
2.25 secs ahead is huge. debuglog please.
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

davilla wrote:
logan_x50 wrote:I have audio synch issue on every FireTV and FireTV stick (4 in total). this has been the case for a while now...well before mrmc v3

Its like back in the day when when xbmc android was first release all movies needed to have audio offset set to aprox 2.25 ahead. IIRC it may even have been stickied in the forum in the past

I have all audio set at default settings and sound out from the tv (no home cinema/audio out stuff)

as the workaround is simple and i know you guys will ask for debug which is a pain in the butt i thought i'd wait to see if v3 fixed it.
2.25 secs ahead is huge. debuglog please.
Oops! point in the wrong place 0.225
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

sylvio2000 wrote:@ amet

I found the reason :D

The home screen isnt on focus if I use 2 profiles with the login window! Without the login window everything is fine (even if there are 2 profiles).
Hope this helps you :)
found and fixed, will be in the next version... thx for reporting this
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

sylvio2000 wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 17:55 NVidia Shield is set to 50ms (default)
I have reset Kodi 17 and MrMC 3.0 on my Shield 2015 (5.1). I deleted all data so that I see the "preparing for first run" dialog. This means everything in kodi an MrMC is reset to defaults.

Then the only thing I did was opening the filmanager and started a movie from my media server. In MrMC I have to set audio to ahead for 0.300s.
In kodi everything is fine.

What else can I do? Am I the only one with this problem?
Yesterday I played a 4K remux of The Martian and there was definitely a lipsync issue. I had to set the audio delay to 150ms. Not sure if it was the movie. When I watch stuff on Amazon Prime Video (my main purpose for this box, prefer my ATV for watching movies from my NAS) there are no issues. Don’t think I have seen issues on Netflix as well.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

There is a reason we expose audio delay and allow it to be defaulted for all video content. That reason is exact audio delay can depend on each individual setup AND video content. In the perfect world, pts of audio would match pts of video and those would when you hear the audio and see the video. But we don't live in a perfect world. So we allow this a/v sync to be controlled by users.

We do strive to get a/v sync as correct as it can be but there are many variables to take into account. Including the amount of audio/video that is buffered by MrMC and the amount that is buffered by the various OS versions (iOS/tvOS/Android). Even the SoC chipset matters. Android in particular is tricky as it lies about how much audio is buffered.

We will be making some changes regarding this, to bring it closer to zero as that seems to make uses happy :)