1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC on Fire Stick crashes after 30 seconds in Movies screen

Any issues that are Android specific
joneschrisr

MrMC on Fire Stick crashes after 30 seconds in Movies screen

Post by joneschrisr »

Hi,

After using MrMC for a while without issue, I now seem to have a problem that affects the two Fire sticks I use to stream content accessed on a NAS.

If I go to the Movies page the first few movies appear normally. However, if I do nothing, or even if I scroll slowly down, after a few seconds MrMC crashes back to the Fire stick home page. It seems mostly repeatable although occasionally if I scroll rapidly around, it might not occur. If I start a film quickly enough I might get away with it but usually that will also crash out after a few seconds. It seems to be reliably about 30 seconds after I open the Movies screen.

I don't see this issue if I go to TV Shows (stored on the same device), nor if I access movies by going via the Media sources screen instead. It is happening on both Fire sticks I have so it is consistent at least. Also have no issues accessing MrMC through a web browser on another computer. Just seems to be the Movies screen.

Debug log:

https://pastebin.com/8mGe2xR6

Any clues?!

Thanks

CJ
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC on Fire Stick crashes after 30 seconds in Movies screen

Post by davilla »

last thing it accessed was 'nfs://192.168.0.2/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Shared Videos/Movies/The Last Stand (2013)/The Last Stand.mkv'
joneschrisr

Re: MrMC on Fire Stick crashes after 30 seconds in Movies screen

Post by joneschrisr »

Hi,

Yes I saw that - but I don't know why it tried to access that one. It's alphabetically in the middle of the collection so doesn't appear on the first page of the movies screen, it's a file that I've had for months (before this problem started happening) and it's one I've never actually tried to open.

As I said, in the log file I attached I simply went into the movies screen and did nothing for 30 seconds so I'm baffled as to why it even tried to access that particular file. I didn't attempt to scroll to that film, or open it or any other film.

I will check the file and make sure it isn't corrupted but I'm not sure why it would be accessed unless it is something to do with the sort order in the DB perhaps?

Thanks,

Chris