1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Sony Android TV Passthrough

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
cursedZeroX

Sony Android TV Passthrough

Post by cursedZeroX »

Hi, I have a Sony X830C Android TV and I'm not getting any audio with passthrough enabled for AC3, AC3 transcoding, and DTS. See below log sample for sample video containing AC3. Let me know if you need any more info. It works fine when using Kodi with passthrough. I've tried with IEC Packed on and off and it did not help. The same settings work fine on my SHIELD TV connected to another similar TV facing this same problem (Sony X850C).

Audio Settings:
Number of channels: 2.0
Output configuration: Optimized
Resample quality: Low (fast)
Enable passthrough: Yes
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Yes
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: Yes
DTS capable receiver: Yes

MrMC Log: https://pastebin.com/EXBBtM0Y
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Sony Android TV Passthrough

Post by koying »

On it.

Thanks for the report.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Were you upgraded to Android 7 recently?
Looks like the "IEC trick" doesn't work anymore, and unfortunately there is a MrMC bug if you disable IEC
cursedZeroX

Post by cursedZeroX »

Yes, I did get Android 7.0 recently and am aware of the audio passthrough issues with the Sony TVs especially on this latest version of Android. Even SPMC started having audio issues with the update so I switched to plain Kodi which worked. The logs I attached were with IEC packing off and seem to indicate that it is still on. Is that the bug you are referring to?
barong

Post by barong »

Just wanted to add my findings to this too...
I also have a Sony Android TV (2017 model running android 7) and Dolby Digital passthrough is not working but DTS pass through is.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

@cursedZeroX Yes, that's the bug

@barong Strange... I have the 2015 model and no IEC (including DTS) works for me.

That being said, might be that the IEC "trick" still works after all.
It's just that, as android was bumped to 7.0, we are using the "official" way of doing IEC, which definitely doesn't work on Sony TV.

EDIT: Yep, confirmed. The "IEC trick" still works, I just need to adjust the logic to the fact that Sony was bumped to 7
barong

Post by barong »

@koying nice - so does that mean we will get both DD and DTS working on Sony ATV?
Happy to sideload a version to test on a 2017 model if required.
cursedZeroX

Post by cursedZeroX »

@koying Any updates?
barong

Post by barong »

Hi @koying
Just wondering if there has been any update on this. Tossing up between running MrMC on my Sony TV or Apple TV 4K.
I’d prefer to just use the TV, but can’t at the moment as passthrough isn’t working.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

barong wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 01:56 Hi @koying
Just wondering if there has been any update on this. Tossing up between running MrMC on my Sony TV or Apple TV 4K.
I’d prefer to just use the TV, but can’t at the moment as passthrough isn’t working.
just be be clear, passthrough is not working on Apple TV since 11.2