1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

no Atmos with MKV files after re-playing files

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
stopparde01

no Atmos with MKV files after re-playing files

Post by stopparde01 »

Hi There,
while setting up my speakers AVR crossovers, I was playing repeteadly the same Dolby Atmos mkv demo (AMAZE from demo-world.eu trailer section). Audio is passthrough, shield to AVR, AVR to Tv

It looks like that after you play the demo the 1st time, subsequent plays mess up the ATMOS channels.
This happens with any of the dolby atmos demo. In the demo at one point you shuld hear a bird flying “around” and then rain coming from above. Instead you hear the bird and rain from the front left speaker only (at least in my case).

DTS:X demos sound correct all the time, same atmos demo in mp4 format from dolby website play correctly all the time. After playing a DTS demo file, the ATMOS mkv file plays correctly, but if you play it again , atmos channels are played incorrectly.

I’m not sure at this point if an atmos movie ripped to mkv would actually play correclty....
I tried some audio settings combinations but no changes. It happens also in kodi and SMPC.

Anything else I can try before posting logs ?

*Update* Tried playing the atmos demos with VLC and they sound correct everytime you play them.
Slice314

Re: no Atmos with MKV files after re-playing files

Post by Slice314 »

I will test this today, I will try playing DTSx and Atmos backups and see if I have any issue ( Yamaha RX 683)

I found the exact same Atmos mkvs you are talking about, I am testing this ASAP and will be reporting back.
stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

BTW, same issue reported on the Nvidia Shield forum: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... s-through/
Slice314

Post by Slice314 »

I have been testing MRMC for a while, I cannot reproduce your issue. :|
stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

Thanks slice314, I appreciate the time you took to test this out.
Maybe is an issue with the AVR..movies seems to be playing correctly..so not a biggie .

Thanks again.

stoppa