1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Need help with Denon receiver and auto frame rate switching.

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
shadowrunner

Need help with Denon receiver and auto frame rate switching.

Post by shadowrunner »

Hi. I just purchased a new Denon AVR-X4300H and for the life of me I cant get auto frame rate switching to work. I had no problems with my old Onkyo 707, but I cant't figure this Denon's settings out. All settings on MrMC are the same as well as on the Shield. If I manually change the Shield resolution, to 1080p 23.97 then my movies look great (no judder), though the menus look juddery both in MrMC and Shield. other wise I've got a receiver that gives me superior sound but inferior video. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere. Firmware is latest as far as I can tell. It updated when I first set it up. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Erik
timstephens24

Re: Need help with Denon receiver and auto frame rate switching.

Post by timstephens24 »

On your Denon the only thing you should make sure is that Video -> Output Settings -> Video Conversion is set to off (the settings location might be a little different since I have a X4200W). It shouldn't affect auto-refresh on the Shield though, so that's weird.

What is Settings -> Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate set to in MrMC? Is the Shield updated to the latest version?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

What TV do you have? Is it 4K TV HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 or a 1080p TV with HDMI 1.4? If it's a 1080p TV with HDMI 1.4 the Shield has an issue with automatically adjusting refresh rate in a setup like that.
shadowrunner

Post by shadowrunner »

Thanks for the quick response. My tv is an older Samsung 1080p the onkyo could switch it over to 23.97 but it was also an older 1080p hdmi 1.4 model. the shield switches it over without a problem when set manually in advanced settings, just not on the fly. I just checked and all 8 hdmi inputs on this beast are all 2.0a. So I cant squeak by using a different input.

adjust display refresh rate = on start / stop
pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds (4.0 seconds I get no sound)
sync playback to display = off
newest firmware on shield and Denon. MrMC ver 3.09

I'll keep playing around with it but I guess I'll have to wait till next year when I upgrade my TV. :(

Thanks,
Erik
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yeah it's definitely the Shield that's the issue and there's a really long thread about it on their forums. Here's a link if you want to read through it all: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... t-working/

Edit to add: I think someone said they get around it by adding a HDMI 1.4 splitter between the Shield and the Receiver, so the Shield only sees HDMI 1.4 on the splitter and not HDMI 2.0 on the receiver.
shadowrunner

Post by shadowrunner »

That's an inexpensive workaround. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for the link.. I'll give it a read through. And foremost ..thanks for the help.. it is greatly appreciated.
Erik
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

odd problem to have, having read the geforce forum thread.

I have an hdfury linker between my shield and an old Denon receiver, then old TV so that the shield won't balk at switching to 50hz. The linker reports to the shield that it's HDCP 2.2. But, I don't have any problems with auto refresh rate switching. Seems my setup would have the same problem.