1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Which Settings for 4K?

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
zombieagain

Re: Which Settings for 4K?

Post by zombieagain » 22 Mar 2018, 15:43

Hi, SPMC orphan here!

Originally moved to SPMC because the official Kodi audio passthrough was super-broken on the Shield TV. SPMC was much better. I would say 95% reliable, still getting some no audio problems, every once in a while.
But when I upgraded my setup to 4k HDR, I found all the problems with resolution, color space, etc...
If I understand correctly, as it stands, Android TV has some limitation that the app can't really overcome, until the next release of Android. Is that correct?

For now I'm temporarily moving to OSMC and putting the Shield in a drawer, but hopefully you guys will make it usable again.

Good Luck!

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 22 Mar 2018, 16:00

Yeah, Oreo brings auto gamut output switching. bt709<>bt2020 to match video content.

Kepners

Post by Kepners » 27 Apr 2018, 22:36

zombieagain wrote:Hi, SPMC orphan here!

Originally moved to SPMC because the official Kodi audio passthrough was super-broken on the Shield TV. SPMC was much better. I would say 95% reliable, still getting some no audio problems, every once in a while.
But when I upgraded my setup to 4k HDR, I found all the problems with resolution, color space, etc...
If I understand correctly, as it stands, Android TV has some limitation that the app can't really overcome, until the next release of Android. Is that correct?

For now I'm temporarily moving to OSMC and putting the Shield in a drawer, but hopefully you guys will make it usable again.

Good Luck!
The shield rocks. Shame your leaving it. Its been t
By far the best android machine. Ive never really had to chase configuring it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk