1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Nexus Player or Mi Box

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
tredman

Nexus Player or Mi Box

Post by tredman »

In my quest to get another, cost effective, TV box I'm now looking at the Nexus player or mi box. Both can be had cheap.

I know currently mrmc is not available for either, but any plans to make it available for these boxes? The Nexus player in particular, as it's on nougat.
timstephens24

Re: Nexus Player or Mi Box

Post by timstephens24 »

I'd go with a Mi Box personally (and I have the Mi Box). When it updates to Nougat it'll get MrMC and HDR support and already has lossless audio support. The only thing it's missing for me right now is automatic refresh rate switching, but that's honestly not that big of a deal to me because I can't tell the difference when I play something at 24Hz vs 60Hz.
tredman

Re: RE: Re: Nexus Player or Mi Box

Post by tredman »

timstephens24 wrote:I'd go with a Mi Box personally (and I have the Mi Box). When it updates to Nougat it'll get MrMC and HDR support and already has lossless audio support. The only thing it's missing for me right now is automatic refresh rate switching, but that's honestly not that big of a deal to me because I can't tell the difference when I play something at 24Hz vs 60Hz.
Thanks.

That was my initial thought, but as I use live TV a lot (via SPMC/MrMC and the excellent tvheadend live channels app) I was slightly concerned about the quality of deinterlacing with the mi box (it an aml chip I think?)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

MrMC support for Mi Box will come when they release an update to Nougat. We decided long ago that we only wanted to support arm64 and Nougat+ on GooglePlay. Otherwise it just becomes a nightmare to support all the cheap/crap knockoffs.

Nexus player is out because it is x86 based. Right now we have three builds for droid. Amazon FireOS/32, Amazon FireOS/64 and GooglePlay/64. Plus two for Apple (iOS and tvOS). That's five builds and testing for each public version.
tredman

Post by tredman »

davilla wrote:MrMC support for Mi Box will come when they release an update to Nougat. We decided long ago that we only wanted to support arm64 and Nougat+ on GooglePlay. Otherwise it just becomes a nightmare to support all the cheap/crap knockoffs.

Nexus player is out because it is x86 based. Right now we have three builds for droid. Amazon FireOS/32, Amazon FireOS/64 and GooglePlay/64. Plus two for Apple (iOS and tvOS). That's five builds and testing for each public version.
Thanks.

Mi Box it is, was seriously considering a fire stick or box, but I like the android TV interface and live channels app too much.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

tredman wrote: but as I use live TV a lot (via SPMC/MrMC and the excellent tvheadend live channels app
I've played around with the HDHomeRun app and it played everything fine, but I stick with Channels on the Apple TV for Live TV/DVR. I'll probably use the Mi Box more for TV when HDHomeRun adds in DVR support for DRM channels and playing on an Android box. Right now you can only playback DRM channels on Xbox One/Windows 10.
tredman

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nexus Player or Mi Box

Post by tredman »

timstephens24 wrote:
tredman wrote: but as I use live TV a lot (via SPMC/MrMC and the excellent tvheadend live channels app
I've played around with the HDHomeRun app and it played everything fine, but I stick with Channels on the Apple TV for Live TV/DVR. I'll probably use the Mi Box more for TV when HDHomeRun adds in DVR support for DRM channels and playing on an Android box. Right now you can only playback DRM channels on Xbox One/Windows 10.
I'm in the UK so (legal) DRM content via anything other than the satellite or cable co's STB is not possible :(

I have a hdhomerun which works really well for OTA content, but my main TV server is tvheadend with a couple of satellite tuners. The tvheadend live channels app does a brilliant job of integrating all these channels directly into the android TV live channels app.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Ah yeah, it's a little different then. I actually like Live Channels, too, since I added a Bluetooth "Windows PC" on my Harmony and connected it to my Mi Box. It gives you a lot more functionality over the normal remote.

Speaking of remote, it's actually a really nice remote, too, just not a lot of buttons.
costaud

Post by costaud »

davilla wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 16:53 MrMC support for Mi Box will come when they release an update to Nougat. We decided long ago that we only wanted to support arm64 and Nougat+ on GooglePlay. Otherwise it just becomes a nightmare to support all the cheap/crap knockoffs.

I think it's a good choice ;)