1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Nvidia Shield Progress

Development talk only
timstephens24

Re: Nvidia Shield Progress

Post by timstephens24 »

davilla wrote:
timstephens24 wrote:That's weird, I get passthrough with Kodi 17RC4 and SPMC 16.6.0 on both my Shield and Mi Box.
Shield fw version 5.0.2 ?
Yup, grabbed it a few days ago.
cosmoxl wrote:
davilla wrote:
cosmoxl wrote:
oh boy. Mi Box is only $69. pretty sure i'm going to walmart now.

so it must be updated from the 6.0 it comes with to the new 7.0 to work?

edit: nevermind, Xiaomi isn't updating their boxes to Nougat yet from what I read.
Humm, it shows up in Google Play as an available device and we restricted it to SDK 24 which is Nugget.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/ indicates the update is forthcoming. Maybe Google Play is anticipating?

I've decided to go with the Nividia Shield TV anyway, so no worries. :D
Two updates ago they backported some 'N' stuff, so that might be why it's showing as SDK 24 in Google Play? Not sure, but for the passthrough audio to work they needed to backport that part of N at least. They're working on the full update to N, and I'm hopeful it'll include auto-refresh rate switching (since that's really all the Mi Box is missing right now for me to really recommend it over the Shield). The Shield is definitely the better box right now since you get Amazon in 4K+HDR and Netflix in 4K+HDR.

Also email sent, but to [email protected] not [email protected] :p
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

email typo fixed, one day I will learn to slow down when typing :)
kaazvaag

Post by kaazvaag »

davilla wrote:send email to [email protected] for beta testing on nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) or Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box'

The 1st 10 we get will get in.
Alright. Let's get MrMC ready for launch! e-mail send ;-)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

beta submitted, now we pray :)

EDIT: passed

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

please use viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1043 for feedback and issues.
jydepotte

Post by jydepotte »

There is an option missing for people using other remotes than the shield remote... this has already been implemented on the tvOS version.

Settings... System... Input devices... "Use menu to stop video playback"

This prevents video playback from stopping when going back from live TV to the channel list.

It would allso be nice to have dynamic framerate change implemented which the Nvidia Shield is capable of.

Kind regards

Jan
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jydepotte wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 22:16 There is an option missing for people using other remotes than the shield remote... this has already been implemented on the tvOS version.

Settings... System... Input devices... "Use menu to stop video playback"

This prevents video playback from stopping when going back from live TV to the channel list.

It would allso be nice to have dynamic framerate change implemented which the Nvidia Shield is capable of.

Kind regards

Jan
Dynamic framerate changing is there for shield and any fireOS device that is capable of display switching.

Settings... System... Input devices... "Use menu to stop video playback", interesting thought.
jydepotte

Post by jydepotte »

Oh yes ... the dynamic framerate settings is there... sorry was looking on the wrong place :roll:

About the Use menu to stop video playback implemented on tvOS preventing playback stop when press "menu" (which is the same as a back function) on the Apple TV remote. This is really nice because you do not always want TV playback to stop just to go back to the channel list. For people with ex. Logitech Harmony remotes a stop function is available on their remote so they do not need MrMC to stop playback every time back is pressed.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tracking this at https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/issues/21

on shield you can change behavior by a custom keymap.