1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

libtool error when building

Development talk only
bikeseat

libtool error when building

Post by bikeseat »

Building mrmc for tvos on macos 10.13.6.

When making after running these commands:

Code: Select all

cd $HOME
git clone git://github.com/mrmc/mrmc.git MrMC
cd $HOME/MrMC
cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos
make
I would get the same error from libtool regarding a version mismatch. This must have happened nearly a dozen times.

Couldn't figure out how to properly handle it, so at every instance, I commented out the function call for "func_check_version_match" in the libtool file in the build directory, for example: "libflac/appletvos12.1_arm64-target/libtool"

I did try autoreconf and similar to no avail, but even if that worked, I would have had to run it each time after the libtool version mismatch error caused making to die.

What is the proper way to handle this? Is there a problem with the build scripts?

Snipped for brevity:

Code: Select all

config.status: executing libtool commands
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -j 1 -C appletvos12.1_arm64-target/src
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include  -fheinous-gnu-extensions -no-cpp-precomp -fembed-bitcode -ftree-vectorize -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O3 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -fmessage-length=0 -gdwarf-2 -Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration -arch arm64 -mappletvos-version-min=10.2  -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk -isystem /Users/Shared/mrmc-depends/appletvos12.1_arm64-target/include   -DTIXML_USE_STL -no-cpp-precomp -fembed-bitcode  -arch arm64 -mappletvos-version-min=10.2 -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -g -O2 -std=c++11 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVOS12.1.sdk -isystem /Users/Shared/mrmc-depends/appletvos12.1_arm64-target/include  -MT tinystr.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tinystr.Tpo -c -o tinystr.lo tinystr.cpp
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.6, revision 2.4.6,
libtool: but the definition of this LT_INIT comes from revision .
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from revision 2.4.6
libtool: of libtool 2.4.6 and run autoconf again.
make[3]: *** [tinystr.lo] Error 63
make[2]: *** [appletvos12.1_arm64-target/src/.libs/libtinyxml.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [tinyxml] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-appletvos12.1_arm64-target] Error 2
~/mrmc/tools/depends ❯
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: libtool error when building

Post by davilla »

which Xcode version ?
bikeseat

Re: libtool error when building