1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby Integration

Development talk only
Montoya

Re: Emby Integration

Post by Montoya »

To add to that, my second item I miss most in the Emby Client Service:

- Access to Mixed Content Emby libraries
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1270

Personally I don't have the need to let the Emby Client Service populate my MrMC databases with content from my local Emby server. But I can fully understand, for people who have also access to external Emby servers, that this is a welcome feature to have, to speed up the user experience, browsing Emby libraries.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Montoya wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 11:29 To add to that, my second item I miss most in the Emby Client Service:

- Access to Mixed Content Emby libraries
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1270

Personally I don't have the need to let the Emby Client Service populate my MrMC databases with content from my local Emby server. But I can fully understand, for people who have also access to external Emby servers, that this is a welcome feature to have, to speed up the user experience, browsing Emby libraries.
Agreed!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

We agreed long time ago that there will be no database pollution from other services, so think of emby being a service like plex is and mrmc being a front end player, no interaction with internal mrmc database.

Agreed that some improvements are needed and those are scheduled for upcoming versions
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 12:27 We agreed long time ago that there will be no database pollution from other services, so think of emby being a service like plex is and mrmc being a front end player, no interaction with internal mrmc database.
I can understand and I guess this is fine for most of Emby users. After all, Emby own tvOS client will soon abandon the local player and adopt a mpv-core (already in the iOS version). So, more refined Emby features are expected to be covered there.
Agreed that some improvements are needed and those are scheduled for upcoming versions
That is cool; it will increase the lead MrMC already has over all other apps with respect to client integration.

My current use case is still to let Plex Extension open at start-up; for Emby, I use Kodi (with Embuary) or Emby tvOS client. MrMC local DB is rarely used because all metadata are either on Plex or Emby server (actually on both).
My family uses infuse because they are used to it and it is visually more appealing to them :)

I personally hope to use exclusively MrMC in the near future since it possesses the best player on tvOS.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Everbrave wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 13:24 ... After all, Emby own tvOS client will soon abandon the local player and adopt a mpv-core (already in the iOS version).
Active development for the Apple TV player core change was announced in last April already and first Testflight of Emby Apple TV app with MPV core is just announced, to be scheduled for TF release within 10 days, so fingers crossed.
Everbrave wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 13:24 So, more refined Emby features are expected to be covered there.
To be honest, I don't expect major changes for the Emby Apple TV client, besides the player core change. Emby on the Apple TV has always been Emby's stepchild, but I hope they surprise us ;)

I have seen that they lost quite a few of active and valuable Testflight participants already, when you consider the last 8 months, due to the limitations the Emby Apple TV client had, compared to other platforms. The damn thing mostly transcoded content on server, when subtitles where involved or with Live TV or when online content was streamed, that Emby doesn't allow to direct play due to "App store rules" .....

So glad that MrMC was around to bypass all that crap on the Apple TV :D
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Montoya wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:53
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Everbrave wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 13:24 ... After all, Emby own tvOS client will soon abandon the local player and adopt a mpv-core (already in the iOS version).
Active development for the Apple TV player core change was announced in last April already and first Testflight of Emby Apple TV app with MPV core is just announced, to be scheduled for TF release within 10 days, so fingers crossed.
Everbrave wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 13:24 So, more refined Emby features are expected to be covered there.
To be honest, I don't expect major changes for the Emby Apple TV client, besides the player core change. Emby on the Apple TV has always been Emby's stepchild, but I hope they surprise us ;)

I have seen that they lost quite a few of active and valuable Testflight participants already, when you consider the last 8 months, due to the limitations the Emby Apple TV client had, compared to other platforms. The damn thing mostly transcoded content on server, when subtitles where involved or with Live TV or when online content was streamed, that Emby doesn't allow to direct play due to "App store rules" .....

So glad that MrMC was around to bypass all that crap on the Apple TV :D
same story with Plex :)
However, an own client obliges, so we can expect it to be richer, feature wise, with collections, user switching, etc.
But in my experience, Emby client on tvOS was better then Plex client, i.e. direct playing/streaming more files and transcoding less. I'm participating in iOS and tvOS TF so, we shall see ;)

Of course, MrMC is a big help but the UI and support isn't here yet. I hope the stone started rolling and we can expect more Emby support in the next versions soon.
einstein_314

Post by einstein_314 »

While we're talking about Emby integration features: how about adding the "Next Up" ("Next Episodes") view for TV shows? Currently the default is "Latest Episodes" which isn't very useful. Ideally I'd like to see both "Next Up" and "Latest Episodes" in the default view.

See my thread about this here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4145
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

it seems that there is a stagnation in the Emby integration issue, even Ariana did not shows any progress in this direction; not even headers of the media tiles (continue watching, recently added, etc.) when Emby server is chosen, let alone the basic filtering.
May be adding the Embuary skin (an excellent one BTW) can accelerate the process until Ariana and/or Opacity are completed. I know you said you are concentrating on Ariana and Opacity, but the fact is that, currently, either I am using the Plex Extension (default) or Amber skin.

Emby is really a great server, can we hope for a sooner progress/improvement in this regard?

Thanks
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

einstein_314 wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 22:48 While we're talking about Emby integration features: how about adding the "Next Up" ("Next Episodes") view for TV shows? Currently the default is "Latest Episodes" which isn't very useful. Ideally I'd like to see both "Next Up" and "Latest Episodes" in the default view.

See my thread about this here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4145
Yes yo are right, there is a lot to be done; even the labels (continue watching, etc.) are missing!
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Everbrave wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 13:43 Emby is really a great server, can we hope for a sooner progress/improvement in this regard?
It comes when it comes, so no rush :D
Testflight 3.8.0 is still not up, so maybe we are getting some surprises and is Emby involved... or not ;)

Emby Dev's are also on a holiday pace, concerning their Apple TV Testflight app, just like I expected long time ago, but also because they lost some valuable TF testers for the Apple TV. Active Emby Apple TV TF participation is now low, compared to previous Emby Apple TV TF releases I participated in.