1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Using MrMC as a front end to other media sources

Development talk only
XX_Keo_XX

Using MrMC as a front end to other media sources

Post by XX_Keo_XX »

Hello!

I noticed that Trakt has a play now option that will take you to the movie launch page of the content provider.

Example: I have a movie on vudu. If I select play the movie on vudu within Trakt, it takes me to the Vudu site directly to the movie.

Is there any chance something like that can be developed for MrMC? I have gotten tired of keeping my video library local but I also haven't found an interface I like that tracks my video library.

I have looked at movies anywhere, but they only support certain movies and I miss the way MrMC groups collections.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Using MrMC as a front end to other media sources

Post by davilla »

XX_Keo_XX wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 03:07 Hello!

I noticed that Trakt has a play now option that will take you to the movie launch page of the content provider.

Example: I have a movie on vudu. If I select play the movie on vudu within Trakt, it takes me to the Vudu site directly to the movie.

Is there any chance something like that can be developed for MrMC? I have gotten tired of keeping my video library local but I also haven't found an interface I like that tracks my video library.

I have looked at movies anywhere, but they only support certain movies and I miss the way MrMC groups collections.
Sorry, no. MrMC is not a browser.
XX_Keo_XX

Post by XX_Keo_XX »

I understand it isn't a browser, but I thought maybe we could use Trakt to get the location of the video (the video ID) and then use a short url to launch the compatible app along with the location of the video. A friend of mine does something like this with plex on his roku, but it requires a bit of custom programing and event ghost on windows.

Is any of this making sense? I can get a sample of the code if it helps explain it.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Let him program something, that creates strm files. MrMC can use those, to STREAM your content.

I have a setup running that automatically EXPORTS all newly added IPTV VOD from my IPTV provider, to strm files (automated by Task Scheduler) and with those strm files, you can use any scraper (from MrMC/Kodi/Emby) to get metadata of that strm content, so you can use the libraries of MrMC/Kodi/Emby for playback, watched status and resume points.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0