1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby Integration

Development talk only
timstephens24

Re: Emby Integration

Post by timstephens24 » 20 Sep 2018, 17:03

Montoya wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 15:50
...but also because they lost some valuable TF testers for the Apple TV. Active Emby Apple TV TF participation is now low, compared to previous Emby Apple TV TF releases I participated in.
They don't put out very many updates to it, so it's not like there's a lot to participate in.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 20 Sep 2018, 19:14

They never do many Emby TF client updates from the Apple TF app itself...

95% of all changes are done remotely, by the Emby TF app downloading scripts, modules, configs etc at client startup, from the Emby site itself. instead of changing the client itself with a Testflight release.

Current Emby Store release is 11.2MB and current Emby TF release is 30MB and those extra MB in Emby TF release is all because they put MPV as main player as extra in the Emby app and still most changes are done remotely, so TF users hardly notice it when changes are done when they don't follow Emby's TF topics.

Compared to MrMC, MrMC is 232,5MB and even with all the skins packaged in MrMC, you can calculate why MrMC plays everything you throw at it :)

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 20 Sep 2018, 20:23

Montoya wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 19:14
They never do many Emby TF client updates from the Apple TF app itself...

95% of all changes are done remotely, by the Emby TF app downloading scripts, modules, configs etc at client startup, from the Emby site itself. instead of changing the client itself with a Testflight release.

Current Emby Store release is 11.2MB and current Emby TF release is 30MB and those extra MB in Emby TF release is all because they put MPV as main player as extra in the Emby app and still most changes are done remotely, so TF users hardly notice it when changes are done when they don't follow Emby's TF topics.

Compared to MrMC, MrMC is 232,5MB and even with all the skins packaged in MrMC, you can calculate why MrMC plays everything you throw at it :)
It is not an Emby forum, so in short, the Emby tvOS TF is not well managed, beginning by "What to test" and ending in the forum discussions (I rather spare the details). As for the size, the tvOS app is only a client, not comparable to MrMC which is a complete media centre package. In fact, the native player based app works quite well if you have a server running on some decent HW transcoding capabilities, e.g. Apollo Lake DS918+ with VA-API.

Back to the topic of this thread, MrMC has the potential of a "one-stop" app for tvOS if it puts more effort in the UI; it is not only the lacking skin support BTW, but also the principles of the UI but again this could be the topic of another thread :)
Last edited by Everbrave on 27 Sep 2018, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 20 Sep 2018, 20:29

Montoya wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 15:50
Everbrave wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 13:43
Emby is really a great server, can we hope for a sooner progress/improvement in this regard?
It comes when it comes, so no rush :D
Testflight 3.8.0 is still not up, so maybe we are getting some surprises and is Emby involved... or not ;)

Emby Dev's are also on a holiday pace, concerning their Apple TV Testflight app, just like I expected long time ago, but also because they lost some valuable TF testers for the Apple TV. Active Emby Apple TV TF participation is now low, compared to previous Emby Apple TV TF releases I participated in.
I can only tell you that I have side-loaded Kodi with EmbyCon and Embuary skin just as an Emby client ;)