1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

FireTV features...

Introduce yourself here
waldo22

Re: FireTV features...

Post by waldo22 »

Cool!

That of course means officially licensed apps from Netflix, Hulu and such someday, right :D
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

waldo22 wrote:Cool!

That of course means officially licensed apps from Netflix, Hulu and such someday, right :D
if you want to play with the big boys, you have to play by big boys rules. :)
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

davilla wrote:
tootsivt wrote:Is it necessary to remove Kodi before installing MrMC for SMB to work ?
SMB works fine on Kodi but shows nothing on MrMC is there something I'm missing?
Both should co-exist without issues.

Did you see this post ? http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=581
Yes and I found the Problem, It occurs when you move all of Kodi to the SD card with xbmc_env.properties this file is also used by MrMC.
What does work is moving only thumbnails to the SD card using the advancedsettings.xml file this also works for MrMC saving a lot of space on the Fire TV, in my case about 1.5Gb for MrMC or Kodi. It might be something other users of MrMC would be interested in doing.
At present the only reason I still use Kodi is the Picture screen saver, it is nice to have on when not watching shows or movies. The Dim or Black screen just dosn't cut it ;)
waldo22

Post by waldo22 »

I'm glad you posted this, I was going to ask if MrMC could be moved to external USB/SD Card like Kodi.

With only 5.2 GiB of usable space and a kid who likes Minecraft (which can't be moved to the USB stick), That 1GiB of space Kodi uses makes a difference.

I guess MrMC should rename xbmc_env.properties.
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

waldo22 wrote:I'm glad you posted this, I was going to ask if MrMC could be moved to external USB/SD Card like Kodi.

With only 5.2 GiB of usable space and a kid who likes Minecraft (which can't be moved to the USB stick), That 1GiB of space Kodi uses makes a difference.

I guess MrMC should rename xbmc_env.properties.
Moving everything to SD card can be a problem, When I moved MrMC to SD card there was a lot of Video stutter when I moved only the thumbnails, no stutter and I got back 1.3Gb of the 1.5Gb, not a bad trade off, and both Kodi and MrMC work well.
The place to look is http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partiall ... #more-6073
you will need to change some of the paths to the MrMC paths i.e. org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi to tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/.mrmc
but it is worth the effort and just moving the thumbnails allows both Kodi and MrMC to work together. I'm making a step by step tutorial on how to move MrMC thumbnails to SD card as I only have a Fire TV 2 it will be restricted to that only, but looking at the above url and the commands in the tutorial you could try it on Fire TV 1 as well. You will need ADB and debugging turned on in the Fire TV.
As with any modifications be careful ;)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tootsivt wrote:
davilla wrote:
tootsivt wrote:Is it necessary to remove Kodi before installing MrMC for SMB to work ?
SMB works fine on Kodi but shows nothing on MrMC is there something I'm missing?

Yes and I found the Problem, It occurs when you move all of Kodi to the SD card with xbmc_env.properties this file is also used by MrMC.
What does work is moving only thumbnails to the SD card using the advancedsettings.xml file this also works for MrMC saving a lot of space on the Fire TV, in my case about 1.5Gb for MrMC or Kodi. It might be something other users of MrMC would be interested in doing.
At present the only reason I still use Kodi is the Picture screen saver, it is nice to have on when not watching shows or movies. The Dim or Black screen just dosn't cut it ;)
Thanks for finding this. Fair warning, this will be changing in next release. From 'xbmc_env.properties' to 'mrmc_env.properties'
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

davilla wrote:
tootsivt wrote:
davilla wrote:

Thanks for finding this. Fare warning, this will be changing in next release. From 'xbmc_env.properties' to 'mrmc_env.properties'
Good move :D , but I will only be using the advancedsettings.xml to move only the thumbnails directory to SD card because of the video stutter on the Fire TV
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

"video stutter on the Fire TV", what video stutter ?
waldo22

Post by waldo22 »

I think he means the UI stutter that happens when all the assets are stored on removable storage.

Most folks using USB 3 devices have reported no noticeable stutter, though.

I've not tried it yet, but I will and I'll report back.
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

davilla wrote:"video stutter on the Fire TV", what video stutter ?
It only happened when moving the entire /sdcard/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/ files to SD card, the video would freeze momentarily while the audio played on normally, this does not happen when only moving the thumbnalis directory to SD card.