1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

FireTV features...

Introduce yourself here
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: FireTV features...

Post by davilla »

tootsivt wrote:
davilla wrote:"video stutter on the Fire TV", what video stutter ?
It only happened when moving the entire /sdcard/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/ files to SD card, the video would freeze momentarily while the audio played on normally, this does not happen when only moving the thumbnalis directory to SD card.
Say more, on startup, while playing etc ? Once the video gets rolling, the only thing that might happen is a periodic save to the database of where the video is at (for resuming).
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

davilla wrote:
tootsivt wrote:
davilla wrote:"video stutter on the Fire TV", what video stutter ?
It only happened when moving the entire /sdcard/Android/data/tv.mrmc.mrmc/files/ files to SD card, the video would freeze momentarily while the audio played on normally, this does not happen when only moving the thumbnalis directory to SD card.
Say more, on startup, while playing etc ? Once the video gets rolling, the only thing that might happen is a periodic save to the database of where the video is at (for resuming).
It happens all during the video playback every minuet or so, as I said this is only when the entire .mrcm folder is moved to SD card, this also occurred when when Kodi was configured the same way with a slower SD card. There is a little storage savings with moving the entire .mrcm directory to SD card (1.5Gb) over just the thumbnails (1.3Gb). See http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partiall ... #more-6073 for the details, See Cons for moving all data to SD...
theRCRH

Post by theRCRH »

tootsivt wrote: At present the only reason I still use Kodi is the Picture screen saver, it is nice to have on when not watching shows or movies. The Dim or Black screen just dosn't cut it ;)
Couldn't agree more.

MrMC is going to need something other then Dim & black screen.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

theRCRH wrote:
tootsivt wrote: At present the only reason I still use Kodi is the Picture screen saver, it is nice to have on when not watching shows or movies. The Dim or Black screen just dosn't cut it ;)
Couldn't agree more.

Is this another vote for Picture screen saver ?
tootsivt

Post by tootsivt »

davilla wrote:
theRCRH wrote:
Couldn't agree more.

Is this another vote for Picture screen saver ?
A big yes :D

All and all MrMC is a very fine product and the team is to be commended for all there efforts. I'm sure a few enhancements that will not violate the spirit of NO Addons will be forth coming :)
theRCRH

Post by theRCRH »

davilla wrote: Is this another vote for Picture screen saver ?
Vote? Where do I vote? I'll vote early & often.
Mark_Venture

Post by Mark_Venture »

davilla wrote:Thanks for finding this. Fair warning, this will be changing in next release. From 'xbmc_env.properties' to 'mrmc_env.properties'
Sorry to bump an old thread.. but I just wanted to make sure...

I have Kodi 16.1 and SPMC 16.5 installed on my Fire TV (2nd gen), and have moved them to SD card. Of course using xbmc_env.properties and SPMC_env.properties respectively... along with their paths of org.xbmc.kodi and com.semperpax.spmc16

For moving MrMC to SD I can use the same process I did for Kodi, but instead of using xbmc_env.properties, I use mrmc_env.properties and substitute tv.mrmc.mrmc in place of org.xbmc.kodi and it will work, and keep them separate?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Mark_Venture wrote:
davilla wrote:Thanks for finding this. Fair warning, this will be changing in next release. From 'xbmc_env.properties' to 'mrmc_env.properties'
Sorry to bump an old thread.. but I just wanted to make sure...

I have Kodi 16.1 and SPMC 16.5 installed on my Fire TV (2nd gen), and have moved them to SD card. Of course using xbmc_env.properties and SPMC_env.properties respectively... along with their paths of org.xbmc.kodi and com.semperpax.spmc16

For moving MrMC to SD I can use the same process I did for Kodi, but instead of using xbmc_env.properties, I use mrmc_env.properties and substitute tv.mrmc.mrmc in place of org.xbmc.kodi and it will work, and keep them separate?
That should work.
sarilian

Post by sarilian »

davilla wrote: 04 May 2016, 23:35 Is this another vote for Picture screen saver ?
I'd love to have the picture screensaver feature added.

Thanks!