1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Need help with MrMC on iPhone

Introduce yourself here
Joyefish

Need help with MrMC on iPhone

Post by Joyefish » 15 Apr 2016, 20:55

Hi

Someone recommended that I try MrMC as a media player for some mp4 & mkv files that I have. For other media players that I tried in the past, all I had to do was upload the video via the iTunes file sharing section when my iPhone is connected to my pc. But for some reason the MrMC app does not show up in the file sharing section. I can't figure out how to get my files into the app. I've read lots of stuff on your support pages but still can't seem to figure it out. Can you please help this old lady figure this out?

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Need help with MrMC on iPhone

Post by amet » 16 Apr 2016, 03:44

you need to add video sources, see kodi wiki for more details.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

ben_gb

Post by ben_gb » 01 May 2016, 06:15

Hi,
I've got the same problem. Using MrMC Touch.
I want to copy my video files onto my ipad (so I can watch while travelling - especially while not connected to the internet).
The App Store information says MrMC can play from local storage, but there isn't any information on how to get files onto the iPad/iPhone so that MrMC can play them.

I've looked at the "Add Sources" options, but they only seem to let me add Network folders or Streaming locations. There doesn't seem to be any obvious way to see local folders/files, or copy video files into MrMC's own file system. As the previous poster said, the usual way of using the "File Sharing" feature in itunes, doesnt list MrMC as an available app.

Please can you give some details on how this should be done?

Ben

Looxoor

Post by Looxoor » 04 May 2016, 16:35

I can see that it's a bit ambiguous, but what it means is local as opposed to remote/online, i.e. from a LAN.