1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MySQL + 3 MrMC Clients

Introduce yourself here
sfrazier1111

MySQL + 3 MrMC Clients

Post by sfrazier1111 »

I have installed (3) three MrMC Clients on (3) different Nvidia boxes. My media is installed on a WD MyCloud PR2100 with MySQL installed.

I followed the steps for seting up MySQL
user host
mrmc %

The first client made the video database name: MyVideos107 and music database name of MyMusic60. I set up my first client and allowed it to set up all the info for tv shows, movies and music. I then set up the other two clients and set all three of the clients to use MyVideos107 and MyMusic60. The other two doesn't seem to be using the database so that I can use MySQL to track what I have watched, not watched etc. I am not sure I did that correct. The wiki showed how to set up MySQL but I didn't really find the steps on how to set up multiple clients and if I should specify the database names. I assume that I would so they would all sync. I had done this with KODI before and set up the adavanced and/or user files and it worked fine.

Can someone tell me the steps or point me to an url that tells the steps in which to set up at least 3 MrMC clients using the same database and that will allow all 3 clients to be "synced"?

MrMC is awesome, I just found it and really like it so far.

I just checked my database and it appears that even though I set all the clients to use the same database I see that I have
MyMusic60
MyMusic6060
MyVideos107
MyVideos107107

I am not sure what I did wrong and where I should go from here.
TIA.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: MySQL + 3 MrMC Clients

Post by amet »

hi,

if first MrMC client has been setup correctly, all you need on others is IP address of the server, user/pass and database names... name databases on 2 "slave" clients same without version numbers, MrMC will append those when connecting

if first client has database name as "MyVideos/MyMusic" name it the same on all others