1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Thanks - New MrMC User, Original XBMC User

Introduce yourself here
SoonerLater

Thanks - New MrMC User, Original XBMC User

Post by SoonerLater »

Thank you to the dev team that has produced MrMC to run on an Apple TV 4K. The $6.99 cost is more than worth it. By allowing me to run MrMC on my Apple TV 4K (instead of running Kodi on my 2013 model Intel NUC that just died), you saved me a ton of money. I was faced with the expense of replacing my dead NUC, but now I don't have to. Thank you.

A few newbie questions about subtitles:

If a video file has a subtitle file (properly named and located in the right place), what command can I use in MrMC to show/hide subtitles? In Kodi we can turn subtitles on/off (unless burned in, of course). I assume that the same is true for MrMC. I've looked for this, but haven't found it.

If a video file does not have a subtitle file, is there a MrMC command to download subtitles for a movie or tv episode? In Kodi - if you have the subtitle downloader addon installed - you can pause a show and quickly download subtitles from subscene.com, opensubtitles.org, etc. Again, I guess that you can do this in MrMC too, but can't figure out how.

Since MrMC is a fork (as I understand it) of Kodi and Kodi is merely the new name for XBMC, it seems like it's all in the family here. I have been a user since XBMC only ran on hacked original XBoxes. In 2005 I bought three of those monsters just to run XBMC (no games). I've been using XBMC / Kodi / MrMC ever since. I am very grateful to all the developers who over the years have donated their time to this ongoing project.

I completely understand and respect why no user installed addons will ever be supported under MrMC. If they were, Apple wouldn't allow MrMC on the app store. I never used any of the shady addons that have been a plague on Kodi and won't miss them on the MrMC platform.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Thanks - New MrMC User, Original XBMC User

Post by amet »

SoonerLater wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 14:03 Thank you to the dev team that has produced MrMC to run on an Apple TV 4K. The $6.99 cost is more than worth it. By allowing me to run MrMC on my Apple TV 4K (instead of running Kodi on my 2013 model Intel NUC that just died), you saved me a ton of money. I was faced with the expense of replacing my dead NUC, but now I don't have to. Thank you.

A few newbie questions about subtitles:

If a video file has a subtitle file (properly named and located in the right place), what command can I use in MrMC to show/hide subtitles? In Kodi we can turn subtitles on/off (unless burned in, of course). I assume that the same is true for MrMC. I've looked for this, but haven't found it.
I assume you are on 3.6.2 from App store, in version 3.7.0 OSD will look slightly different and have easier access to subtitle selection.
for now, select(click on siri pad) -> that will pause the video -> arrow down will bring subtitles settings menu -> enabled

EDIT: also try triple tap on the remote pad to toggle the subtitles on/off, tbh I am not sure if that was added < 3.7.0
SoonerLater wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 14:03 If a video file does not have a subtitle file, is there a MrMC command to download subtitles for a movie or tv episode? In Kodi - if you have the subtitle downloader addon installed - you can pause a show and quickly download subtitles from subscene.com, opensubtitles.org, etc. Again, I guess that you can do this in MrMC too, but can't figure out how.
as above but select "download"

note that only opensubtitles and podnapisi services are available as those have API access and allowed us to use it, no other services will be added for now
SoonerLater

Post by SoonerLater »

Does 3.7.0 refer to a beta version? That will eventually roll out to the Apple App Store?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

SoonerLater wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 15:44 Does 3.7.0 refer to a beta version? That will eventually roll out to the Apple App Store?
correct, it should be live soon... no ETA as we are still working on few bugs