1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New Shield and MrMC User

Introduce yourself here
beisat

New Shield and MrMC User

Post by beisat »

Hi all

Just got my Shield TV 500 GB 2015 and after some testing decided I would like to use MrMC with Emby.Server on my W10 machine. Why MrMC? Because Kodi always upscales my 1080p movies if GUI is run at 4k, and I want my TV to do this. I cannot get MrMC to work and could use help.

First off: My MrMC Home Menu has neither Movies nor Series after a fresh install.

I can go directly to Settings -> Services -> Emby Client and use my Emby Pint Request Sign-In to get into Emby. I am then signed in to my Emby Server. But...nothing happens. My Home Menu still neither has Movies nor Series.

So I go "media source" and "add video source". There I browse and try SMB. I have a movie folder on W10 shared to "everyone" "read only". I have activated SMB 1 on W10. I cannot find anything - no Workgroup, let alone my W10 folder (granted, I can't get this SMB share working in Kodi either, no idea whats up but that is exactly why I use Emby...).

I can go to UpNp and then I see Emby Server. I add it as a media source. I can now browse my folders in "media source". But my home screen stays the same, no Movies or Series tabs appear, no "last played", "recently added" or similar.

Help? Thanks!
beisat

Re: New Shield and MrMC User

Post by beisat »

Aaaaannd - Emby works. No idea why. Only 2 things I can think of:

- In the MrMC addon settings after login in to emby, I changed the emby server to nothing and reactived it.
- Under Android app options, I enabled MrMC to have "storage wright" access rights - no idea why it doesn't ask for these but just assumes it can't have them.

Even my multicast IPTV works with the addon, which is cool.

Any chance there is a Netflix addon / client? :D The shield netflix app sucks, as it only does 60p output.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

beisat wrote: 29 May 2018, 22:26 Aaaaannd - Emby works. No idea why. Only 2 things I can think of:

- In the MrMC addon settings after login in to emby, I changed the emby server to nothing and reactived it.
- Under Android app options, I enabled MrMC to have "storage wright" access rights - no idea why it doesn't ask for these but just assumes it can't have them.

Even my multicast IPTV works with the addon, which is cool.

Any chance there is a Netflix addon / client? :D The shield netflix app sucks, as it only does 60p output.
Sorry, no Netflix. All the platforms we support have an existing Netflix App and the various App Stores and Netflix would not allow it.

Servers are default read only to keep people from making mistakes that result is content deletion.
beisat

Post by beisat »

davilla wrote: 29 May 2018, 23:45
Sorry, no Netflix. All the platforms we support have an existing Netflix App and the various App Stores and Netflix would not allow it.

Servers are default read only to keep people from making mistakes that result is content deletion.

Ok, thanks for the info. Guess that is minus 1 point for the shield TV though regarding NF , I will have to use my TV app for 24p mode.

I love that MrMC lets my TV do the upscaling for 1080p 24p content and does bitstream to my AVR, I bought the full version right away.

Next stop I hope for MrMC: Displaying BT.2020 movies correctly on my non-HDR 4k TV ;)