1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Device Compatibility

Introduce yourself here
RKCRLR

Device Compatibility

Post by RKCRLR »

Is there a list of compatible devices/OS's somewhere? I've searched your website and Wiki but couldn't find one. I was going to try MrMC Lite on my AZW W95 streaming box (S905W processor running Android 7.1.2 - not Android TV) but Google Play store and Amazon say it is not compatible. However they say MrMC is compatible with with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running Android 7.0.
RKCRLR

Re: Device Compatibility

Post by RKCRLR »

Should I ask this question in a different forum? I'm starting to suspect that MrMC isn't for standard Android devices.
Thanks
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

RKCRLR wrote: 22 May 2018, 01:29 Should I ask this question in a different forum? I'm starting to suspect that MrMC isn't for standard Android devices.
Thanks
It is. amlogic boxes can be troublesome, aml continues to do hacks.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Unsurprisingly, I find no "AZW" devices in the Google device list...

I read that Google is to be more strict regarding uncertified devices using the playstore. Maybe that's the issue?
See https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/03/2 ... eres-deal/
RKCRLR

Post by RKCRLR »

AZW is the parent/sister company of Beelink (which isn't on the list either). I don't think it is the issue of Google blocking my device since I don't get the message and I'm not aware of any other apps that should be compatible but aren't (I've installed SPMC from the Playstore).
Is it possible it isn't compatible because my device is rooted?
Is there a way to sideload MrMC? If so, what version and from where?
What MrMC subforum should I monitor?
Thanks
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

RKCRLR wrote: 24 May 2018, 01:26 AZW is the parent/sister company of Beelink (which isn't on the list either). I don't think it is the issue of Google blocking my device since I don't get the message and I'm not aware of any other apps that should be compatible but aren't (I've installed SPMC from the Playstore).
Is it possible it isn't compatible because my device is rooted?
Is there a way to sideload MrMC? If so, what version and from where?
What MrMC subforum should I monitor?
Thanks
Sorry but MrMC is only available via the App stores (Apple, Amazon, Google Play).
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Someone reported being unable to install on Shield with unlocked bootloader... is that what rooted means in android world?
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

Does it have anything to do with aarch64? I thought I had read somewhere that MrMC ran only on 64bit builds.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

wesk05 wrote: 24 May 2018, 15:27 Does it have anything to do with aarch64? I thought I had read somewhere that MrMC ran only on 64bit builds.
that's changed since koying took over android side
wesk05

Post by wesk05 »

davilla wrote: 24 May 2018, 16:06 that's changed since koying took over android side
I see. It looks like the requirement for Android 7 and up hasn't changed. All my Amlogic and Realtek boxes show up as incompatible. I think they are all on Android 6. I will have to check one of the Amlogic boxes with Android 7 firmware.