Page 5 of 6

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 15 May 2018, 15:44
by davilla
thought on how to properly support profile 5 ?

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 15 May 2018, 15:59
by wesk05
davilla wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:44
thought on how to properly support profile 5 ?
It looks like FFmpeg already supports ICtCp color space. Is this information from profile 5 video being passed to AVF codec?

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 15 May 2018, 16:20
by davilla
wesk05 wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:59
davilla wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:44
thought on how to properly support profile 5 ?
It looks like FFmpeg already supports ICtCp color space. Is this information from profile 5 video being passed to AVF codec?
Everything from the file is demuxed and video content is passed into AVF codec. Unless ffmpeg is stripping something out during demux, AVF should have everything it needs.

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 15 May 2018, 17:36
by Godmax
wesk05 wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:33
If you want to play Dolby Vision titles backed up from retail UltraHD Blu-rays on Apple TV 4K, you have to convert it to single-track profile 4 or 5. This is what the guy on Reddit is doing, but he is converting it to profile 5 which is not properly supported in MrMC. He should convert it to profile 4 which is properly supported in MrMC.
Yeah I understand but if he succeeds we can probably play it on our TVs at first. Its a good start. Better than nothing.

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 15 May 2018, 18:18
by cosmoxl
davilla wrote:
15 May 2018, 16:20
wesk05 wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:59
davilla wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:44
thought on how to properly support profile 5 ?
It looks like FFmpeg already supports ICtCp color space. Is this information from profile 5 video being passed to AVF codec?
Everything from the file is demuxed and video content is passed into AVF codec. Unless ffmpeg is stripping something out during demux, AVF should have everything it needs.
Sorry in advance if this is a silly question but could ffmpeg in MrMC just need updating to a new version? I don't recall seeing an ffmpeg update in the changelog in a while but I have slept so I could have forgot! :oops:

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 16 May 2018, 03:39
by Grencola
Godmax wrote:
15 May 2018, 14:18
Just to clarify properly: no one is working on dual-layer DV support for the Apple box and no one probably will in the next few months, right? No need to drag on that DV topic for months and years if it doesnt happen anywhere.

Someone on Reddit is making good progress on converting single-layer to dual-layer that might be the only chance we will ever get.
Vice versa :) the only chance we have is converting the readily available dual layer full uhd dv rips into single layer. The proof of concept in my Op is promising though, to say the least.
wesk05 wrote:
15 May 2018, 15:33
If you want to play Dolby Vision titles backed up from retail UltraHD Blu-rays on Apple TV 4K, you have to convert it to single-track profile 4 or 5. This is what the guy on Reddit is doing, but he is converting it to profile 5 which is not properly supported in MrMC. He should convert it to profile 4 which is properly supported in MrMC.
I'll tell VirenRawal to use profile 4 instead of 5 and hopefully report back with a new upload to test :)

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 17 May 2018, 01:20
by Grencola
"VirenRawal: Thanks for feedback, profile 4 is not suitable for 4k but I will still give it a try."

Hopefully it will work :o

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 17 May 2018, 02:14
by wesk05
Grencola wrote:
17 May 2018, 01:20
"VirenRawal: Thanks for feedback, profile 4 is not suitable for 4k but I will still give it a try."
Hopefully it will work :o
All the original LG Dolby Vision clips are profile 4. I am not sure on what basis he made that comment. Both profile 4 and 5 support the maximum Dolby Vision level 9 (2160p 60fps, max bitrate 40/130Mbps).

Edit: it is possible that he is mixing Dolby Vision profiles and levels.

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 17 May 2018, 13:26
by Grencola
wesk05 wrote:
17 May 2018, 02:14
Grencola wrote:
17 May 2018, 01:20
"VirenRawal: Thanks for feedback, profile 4 is not suitable for 4k but I will still give it a try."
Hopefully it will work :o
All the original LG Dolby Vision clips are profile 4. I am not sure on what basis he made that comment. Both profile 4 and 5 support the maximum Dolby Vision level 9 (2160p 60fps, max bitrate 40/130Mbps).

Edit: it is possible that he is mixing Dolby Vision profiles and levels.
You're definitely right, I double checked Dolby's white papers just be sure. I'll make sure he knows we mean profiles and not levels :) Thanks!

Re: Dolby Vision Mux!

Posted: 18 May 2018, 13:43
by Godmax
He is talking about some CMS firmware nonstop what is that even? So far no progress apparently he cant get the good stuff.

The Apple player to stream DV files with Atmos and DTS-X, that would be sth.! Will I ever experience that in my life?