1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Questions before purchase

Introduce yourself here
Boulder

Questions before purchase

Post by Boulder »

Hi there,

I'm considering switching from cheap Android boxes w/ Kodi to running Apple TV 4K with MrMC. I have two questions regarding the product:

1) Is hardware decoding of h264 Hi10P profile supported? If not, is there enough processing power to decode such sources in software (speaking of 720p or 1080p video)?

2) Is it possible to do offline scraping with a tool like Ember Media Manager and let MrMC just use the results instead of it rescraping the information?

Thanks!
timstephens24

Re: Questions before purchase

Post by timstephens24 »

1. It doesn’t do hardware decoding of h264 hi10p (it’s not really in spec so there’s not much that’ll ever do it) but it plays them back perfectly.

2. Yup, for Emby there’s an option in Services to link your Emby account and it’ll pull everything from Emby instead of scraping everything through SMB/NFS/etc shares. It also has the same for Plex (Plex is also getting the “Plex for Kodi” add-on added to MrMC next release).
Edit: I was just waking up and read Ember as Emby. @amet got me covered, though :D
Last edited by timstephens24 on 20 Mar 2018, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

2. if you use a different software solution that creates NFO files, MrMC will read those when importing content into library
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Thank you for the answers, just what I wanted to hear :)

Regarding item 2, does MrMC only use the nfo files or will it use the folder.jpg etc. that EMM creates and that Kodi uses?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

it will use same png/jpgs like Kodi does