1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Purchasing MrMC for Shield TV & Fire TV

Introduce yourself here
helicon9

Purchasing MrMC for Shield TV & Fire TV

Post by helicon9 »

Hi,
If I purchase MrMC for the nvidia Shield TV will I need to buy it again to install it on the Fire TV?
Or i can it be tied to my email address and maybe activated from with the Lite version?

Thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Purchasing MrMC for Shield TV & Fire TV

Post by davilla »

Different stores, different rules and they don't cross over unfortunately. MrMC-lite has a different App signature so there is no way to have an in-app-purchase to convert it to full MrMC App.
helicon9

Post by helicon9 »

Ok no probs, thanks for clearing that up.
I'll give Lite a whirl on the shield before I buy it.

The other question I have which I couldn't find an answer to is which base version of Kodi is MrMC currently forked from?

Thanks.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

helicon9 wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 16:33 Ok no probs, thanks for clearing that up.
I'll give Lite a whirl on the shield before I buy it.

The other question I have which I couldn't find an answer to is which base version of Kodi is MrMC currently forked from?

Thanks.
We forked at Jarvis (v16) but have lots of Krypton (v17) code in place. The database is v17 compatible.
helicon9

Post by helicon9 »

Thanks for the info! :D
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

and source code is here -> https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc
Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 »

I had this exact same question/concern as I migrate off of SPMC. I have a Shield, a Fire TV, and a Fire Stick. I can only imagine a ton of people are on the same boat. it would definitely be appreciated to come up with a way to not have to buy it for both stores. Worst case, they could provide a coupon code of sorts to one of the stores.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Prodeje79 wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 18:34 I had this exact same question/concern as I migrate off of SPMC. I have a Shield, a Fire TV, and a Fire Stick. I can only imagine a ton of people are on the same boat. it would definitely be appreciated to come up with a way to not have to buy it for both stores. Worst case, they could provide a coupon code of sorts to one of the stores.
Amazon does not support 'coupon codes' or PromoCodes. Neither does GooglePlay. Apple supports a limited number of PromoCodes for each release. Plus we have no way to verify that some user purchased. The stores do not provide that information to preserve privacy. All we get is X number of purchases, Y number of returns.

Believe me, we looked into to it and there is no way to cross between the three stores we support.
Slice314

Post by Slice314 »

I see it as a perfect opportunity to support the MrMC team even further, after all, you are just inviting them for a beer for the asked price...
Prodeje79

Post by Prodeje79 »

Fair enough, sometimes my passion for "Slick Deals" and being a cheap ass override looking at the big picture.