1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC, Hyperion and Amazon Fire stick

Introduce yourself here
rathmannm

MrMC, Hyperion and Amazon Fire stick

Post by rathmannm »

Hi,

I have a few questions and I am completely new to MrMC so please bear with me.

I currently use Plex on my Amazon Fire Stick V2 and they completely messed up the GUI with their latest upgrade so I was thrilled to find MrMC. As my LEDs behind the TV started to fail I want to replace them and setup a proper Ambilight. Now I see MrMC can be setup to connect to a Hyperion server. Am I correct in thinking I do not need anything else aside from that? So no video grabber as presumably MrMC will do this. I am not planning on using the Ambilight for watching "normal" TV - only for any movies via MrMC. Can anyone confirm that my understanding is correct? Most of what I've read people use Kodi with MrMC hence I am unsure if it works in my setup...

Thanks,
Manuel
amet
Team MrMC

Re: MrMC, Hyperion and Amazon Fire stick

Post by amet »

Well, you will need to run Hyperion somewhere, but other than that MrMC will grab the screen and send it.

I run Hyperion on rPi and MrMC is working just fine.

EDIT:
Remember to enable boblight server on Hyperion as that’s the only protocol we speak
rathmannm

Post by rathmannm »

Hey,

thanks for the reply! I meanwhile managed to install the lights and setup my Hyperion server. I have configured the server in MrMC and it seems to recognize it meaning whenever I start a movie the LED turn on. However they don't change at all so there seems to be something wrong with grabbing the image. Is there any additional setup required in MrMC?

Thanks,
Manuel
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

rathmannm wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 11:59 Hey,

thanks for the reply! I meanwhile managed to install the lights and setup my Hyperion server. I have configured the server in MrMC and it seems to recognize it meaning whenever I start a movie the LED turn on. However they don't change at all so there seems to be something wrong with grabbing the image. Is there any additional setup required in MrMC?

Thanks,
Manuel
click -> debuglog

need to see it, thx.
rathmannm

Post by rathmannm »

I actually managed to find the answer in another post:

"switching from Media Codec (Surface) to Media Codec without surface the lights startet changing as expected. "

That was my issue as well - it's all working now!

:D