1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hi, new member

Introduce yourself here
smitopher

Hi, new member

Post by smitopher »

Hi

I'm new to MrMC but long time Kodi user.

I just got an ATV 4K, planning to use Homekit.

My Kody box is a NUC5PPYH, in a AKASA fanless case running LibreElec. It works very well

Does MrMC consider Kodi to be "upstream" or considers itself a complete fork? There seems to be some antagonism.

It seems like MrMC/TvOS do not support automatic frame rate switching. Could that change?

The CEC support in the ATC 4K is great and I really love how I can use a single remote. Too bad I'm not totally pleased with the Apple remote. I'm just not sold on the touch pad. Everything else is ok.

I've been using MrMC for about a week and the unification of my MythTv, HBO, NetFlix and Kodi library is very compelling. I'm not sure how Homekit will work out, but I'm going to keep the ATV 4K.

I don't have a 4K tv or any 4K media, but I'm looking forward to when it will be worthwhile.

My cord is irreversibly severed.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Hi, new member

Post by amet »

we have forked in 2015 and since then have maintained database(mysql) compatibility with the "latest" kodi.

we will pull some fixes that Kodi has if it fits us, but code base is much different now.

I think Kodi uses our tvOS codebase, so we are "upstream" for apple tv... :)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

The Apple remote took me some time to get used to, but now I really like it over other remotes, even though I use my Harmony remote for turning everything on and off I usually jump to the Apple remote once everything's on when a video is playing.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

There is no iOS/tvOS API to support automatic frame rate switching. We wait for Apple to provide the API.

I would not say antagonism, more friendly competition :) We (MrMC) do have a different view point than Kodi devs. More aimed at stability and user support rather than getting the newest shiny into the codebase.
smitopher

Post by smitopher »

davilla wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 19:34 rather than getting the newest shiny into the codebase.
:ugeek: shiny :ugeek:
Shiny Bike Sheds RULE :P
smitopher

Post by smitopher »

amet wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 18:50 so we are "upstream" for apple tv... :)
I understand that the upstream water generally has much less... stuff... in it . :shock:
;)