1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New to MrMC but not to XBMC/Kodi

Introduce yourself here
buddyrich

New to MrMC but not to XBMC/Kodi

Post by buddyrich »

Im a new ATV 4K owner and am looking at my options for a video player. Being a long time XBMC/Kodi user (since original XBox) I want to give MrMC a try.

My backend is plex so I appreciate the plex integration though I have questions about how it works.

I currently run latest Kodi on a HTPC using PlexKodiConnect which has a direct paths option, so Plex does no transcoding, Kodi only uses Plex for metadata and syncing watched status but directly plays the file itself. This is fine for HTPC because it can decode whatever I throw at it.

How does MrMC handle plex? Does it tell Plex to transcode if necessary or does it do a HW or software decode on the ATV itself? Im not sure if Apple's HW video decoder is as robust as the HTPC, and if not, if its SoC can handle software decoding.

For my media its a mix of MPEG2 DVD MKVs or H264 Bluray rips, with the odd smattering of VC1 blurays, all ripped via MakeMKV. Apple probably doesn't support the MKV container, but only MP4, can it remux on the fly (similar to the plex direct stream option)?

And on the music end, I have my CDs ripped via alac, but my old ATV3 always played stuff a 48Hz sample rate, vs. the 44Hz. Does TVOS support native sample rate on the audio side?
timstephens24

Re: New to MrMC but not to XBMC/Kodi

Post by timstephens24 »

The Plex integration will direct play all of your files, unless you set it to transcode in the settings. The ATV4K can handle VC1, MPEG-2, h264, and h265 without any issues, so you won't need to transcode anything. The container also doesn't matter.

For the music question I have no idea, I've gone the way of Apple Music.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tvOS does not support 44.1kHz sample rate for audio.
sashahouse

Post by sashahouse »

Good day! I need help.to use iptv .when you watch TV channel .it seems to be working . and then the picture in a freeze frame and all .how to treat ?
hawkster

Post by hawkster »

I've used Kodi for quite some time, but was looking for an alternative app. I've purchased MRmc for my nvidia Shield, but it seems to me it's just a different UI for Kodi, right down to the irritating system sounds. If there are any functional differences, can someone point me in the right direction to discover them? And what's the point of Plex integration when I can run Plex directly on the Shield when I (reluctantly) need to?