1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

IOS 11 Drive Question and Request

Introduce yourself here
jumborgace

IOS 11 Drive Question and Request

Post by jumborgace »

Greetings and thank you for the wonderful software!

A request and a question.

My question is will MrMC support the local file system and/or iCloud under IOS 11 as another source for videos and such? That way media can be local to the device.

My request which, if granted would, in my mind make your software the greatest media software EVER (just my opinion).

I love my home Kodi system. I've ripped all my DVDs and I love the fact that what I watch is tracked in the database. BUT, i travel quite a bit so every time I want to watch a movie or some TV episodes out of town I need to manually copy them from my shared server to VLCPlayer or OPlayer (my personal favorite) to my iPad. Once I've watched them and come home I have to remember which episodes I've watched and manually mark them in Kodi (yes, this IS a first world problem).

What I would LOVE is if I could go in to an app on my iPad (like MrMC) and go to my TV section and click on the TVs shows I'd like to take with me and it would automagically download a bunch (configurable) to my iPad. AND it would keep track locally of what I watched and when I returned home (or connected to it remotely) it would remove the watched episodes AND update the database, as if I had watched them at home. That to me would be the holy grail of media servers.

Just Sayin'

Thank you again for all the work you do. Money well spent!

JumborgAce
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: IOS 11 Drive Question and Request

Post by davilla »

download to device is something we are looking into for iOS, same for iCloud access.
jumborgace

Post by jumborgace »

That's awesome. You just made my weekend.

Do you know yet that with the download option would it be able to keep track of/sync the watched status back to the main database?

Thank you again

JumborgAce
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jumborgace wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 07:22 That's awesome. You just made my weekend.

Do you know yet that with the download option would it be able to keep track of/sync the watched status back to the main database?

Thank you again

JumborgAce
Undecided as yet.