1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Add add-ons

Introduce yourself here
masi075

Add add-ons

Post by masi075 »

Hello,

I have just bought Apple TV version of MrMC and I can't find option to add repository to allow me use my favourite skin and subtitle plugins.
How can this be added? Can app owner create own repository where "certified" add-ons be visible?

e.g.

Napisy24.pl - subtitles addons
Napiproject - subtitles addons
Arctic Zephyt - skin

Thanks
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Add add-ons

Post by amet »

Hi,

as you can see in Description on apple TV app store we do not support any user installable addons https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mrmc/id1059536415?mt=8

although we have Kodi roots, application has been modified and all python addons have been removed, opensubtitles and podnapisi has been added into core, other subtitle providers either dont have API or no permission was available to use the subtitle download function.

skins also rely heavily on python addons/scripts and hence only handful is available.
masi075

Post by masi075 »

Thanks anyway for answer :D
KoCMoHaBTa

Post by KoCMoHaBTa »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great work around the app. It really brings 90% of the most needed features that anyone could want.
I know that user installable addons are not supported, but i'm curious, since there are functionalities from addons built in - is it possible to add additional subtitle services within the core, so that they could be available in a future update?

My question is raised more from the need of additional subtitle services, since MrMC, already contains everything i and probably most of the peoples would ever need. Open Subtitles is very good service, but most of the time, there are local services in different countries that provides much more content.

The addon, i'm talking about is this - https://github.com/kodi1/service.subtitles.unacs

The question is is more oriented in the direction of understanding - what would be necessary to bring up additional services into the core, considering that currently an addon for Kodi already exists. Would it require complete rewrite/port of the addon itself into the core or there is some magical way that would allow embedding the addong directly without much struggle?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

It would be a full rewrite of the addon into core, addons are python and core is c++

Also, we would need a permission from the site to use their services in MrMC and a api access for search and download, scraping the site would not work as the site layouts change and we end up with broken feature.
KoCMoHaBTa

Post by KoCMoHaBTa »

Thanks a lot for the info. This helped me understand the situation clearly.