1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

New question of function.

Introduce yourself here
Hernberg

New question of function.

Post by Hernberg »

Hi! I have used Xbmc/kodi on PC before. And now that i have appletv 4 i have a question how it manage zipped releases? IF you know What i mean?

What i mean is, if i zip a movie down to many rar files. Can mrmc play that movie without unpack it? As kodi on PC can do. I do not care of any addons at all (except subtiles ofc). I only wanna know if mrmc can manage playing RARed movies.

I hope someone can understand What the heck i mean and know an answer!

Best regards :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: New question of function.

Post by davilla »

Hernberg wrote:Hi! I have used Xbmc/kodi on PC before. And now that i have appletv 4 i have a question how it manage zipped releases? IF you know What i mean?

What i mean is, if i zip a movie down to many rar files. Can mrmc play that movie without unpack it? As kodi on PC can do. I do not care of any addons at all (except subtiles ofc). I only wanna know if mrmc can manage playing RARed movies.

I hope someone can understand What the heck i mean and know an answer!

Best regards :)
MrMC can play RARed content. MrMC can also look inside zips and play content inside them. However, zipping movies (mpeg2, h264, h265, etc) is sort of redundant as they will not compress very well as they are already using a compressed format.

Just For kicks, a zip containing rar's of h264 video content. That is triple compressed. will work but is not most efficient way to handle it :) You will waste CPU doing decompression on content that does not compress very well in the 1st place.
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

Ah that news for me is awesome! :) You just got a new customer ;D

Yes i see what you mean. But lets say there is splitted to many rar files and inside there is h264 mkv :P That should work good ?^^
Comparison kodi vs mrmc on playing content like that is the same output or? :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Hernberg wrote:Ah that news for me is awesome! :) You just got a new customer ;D

Yes i see what you mean. But lets say there is splitted to many rar files and inside there is h264 mkv :P That should work good ?^^
Comparison kodi vs mrmc on playing content like that is the same output or? :)
should be identical
Hernberg

Post by Hernberg »

That is just great! Thanks for taking your time answering me! :)