1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Apple TV 4 help

Introduce yourself here
Rlindsley

Apple TV 4 help

Post by Rlindsley » 22 Dec 2016, 01:24

Hi there,

I am trying to view my NextPVR recordings using MrMC. I bought MrMC because I understood it could do that, but I am not able to figure out how to do it. I only have a few options when I launch the app (Pictures, Video, Music, Settings).

When I go into settings, I have 5 options, Summary, Network, Video, Hardware and PVR service. None of the settings seem to do much, and PVR service is greyed out.

What am I missing? I'd love some expert advice to unlock the power of MrMC, but for now it feels like it can only play files on a local server.

Thanks!
Robert.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: Apple TV 4 help

Post by amet » 22 Dec 2016, 07:33

Hi,

if you go to Settings- > Add-ons -> My-Addons -> PVR Clients -> NextPVR you can setup the connection to your NextPVR server/backend

after that, go to Settings - > TV -> General -> Enable and enable it, that shoudl be enough for NextPVR to start up and show you a new entry in home screen "TV"

Main idea behind MrMC is to play local media, we extended it a bit to act as Plex Client and there will be more clients in future.

amet

Rlindsley

Post by Rlindsley » 23 Dec 2016, 03:30

Hi Amet ,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't seem to have an "Add-ons" or "TV" menu under settings. I only have "File Manager," "Load Profile," "System Info," and "Events." Is there a config file I need to load or something? I'm happy to send pictures if that would help.

Thanks!
Robert.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 23 Dec 2016, 06:24

Hi,

Make sure you enter main settings submenu by selecting/clicking the settings button

Rlindsley

Post by Rlindsley » 23 Dec 2016, 16:05

Ok - I am officially the dumbest person on the planet. Thanks for your help -- it's all set up now and I'm watching DVR shows!

Thanks a ton! I'm super excited to start exploring all the functionality of MrMC.

Thanks,
Robert.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 23 Dec 2016, 18:55

;)

enjoy it and let us know if you need more help