1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex Companion support

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
Different

Plex Companion support

Post by Different »

Dear MrMC team,

Today I've bought MrMC for the Amazon FireTV stick as I believe in paying developers for good work they do. I've started with XBMC and after a long history of Kodi and Plex I'm happy to have MrMC as my source for Plex media.

One thing that I'm missing is that it doesn't yet allow support for "Plex Companion" so that you can fling/cast Plex media from an iOS/Android Plex app to the MrMC client to start the media on it.

Do you plan to support it as other Kodi Plugins do already and make this the best way of interacting with Kodi with a smartphone/tablet.

Thanks for giving it a thought!

- Different
Different

Re: Plex Companion support

Post by Different »

Is there really no interest for Plex Companion by other Users?

@Davilla: What do you think of this idea?

Thanks!
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I personally never use it. It's too cumbersome to get my phone to sling it when I can just use the remote I already have to use to turn everything on. One of the reasons why I dislike the Chromecast, too.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I think supporting "Plex Companion" would require full blown plex player support. Something that might come at later time.
michel34

Post by michel34 »

Bought my Apple tv 4k today. Rebought mrmc instantly. Installation went smoothly.
Only thing I am missing is plex companion support. Anything new on this?
ersan191

Post by ersan191 »

Plex companion is fairly complicated to implement, but I would definitely appreciate it as well. I would prefer it to work in the Plex Addon instead of MrMC but that would require the Plex devs to do it, and it’s been quite awhile since they brought it up.

AFAIK It’s also required to use the excellent Amazon Echo Plex Skill which lets you control Plex with your voice.