1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Two Questions: 1) Server Submenu 2)Deleting Files

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
Buadhai

Two Questions: 1) Server Submenu 2)Deleting Files

Post by Buadhai »

MrMC 3.0-3 Running on three ATV4s - Amber Skin on all three, but MrMC skin also tried.

Two Questions:
  • When I select TV SHOWS from the main menu sometimes I get a submenu listing MrMC plus my two Plex servers. Sometimes the submenu doesn't appear. What setting do I need to change so that the submenu always appears?
  • How do I set up the Plex client so that I can delete files? I know the server is set up properly because I can delete files using a standalone Plex client, but not with the MrMC Plex client.
Buadhai

Re: Two Questions: 1) Server Submenu 2)Deleting Files

Post by Buadhai »

Wow. I'm amazed. I thought that this would be two easy questions....
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

hm, somehow missed this... sorry

- 1. if you have MrMC database enabled you will always get a list of servers.. if you have more than 1 item in it(more than one tvshow section in plex) you will also get a list of libraries

-2. at the moment there is no way to delete the files from MrMC on any of the servers
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

I do have the MrMC database enabled. At home (2 ATV4s) I use a shared MySQL database. At my condo (1 ATV4) I just use a local library.

But, whether or not the submenu appears seems to be entirely random on all three ATVs. When it doesn't appear I back out to the main menu and re-select TV Shows. Sometimes this results in a display of the submenu and sometimes not.

It's a little frustrating because when at the condo I usually want to select a Plex server, but I cannot if the submenu doesn't appear.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

a debuglog might show more info as it will show plex server detection.

For example, I have about 5-6 Plex servers connected to one account, two are owned, the rest are shared. My home network has a slow internet connection. So the local Plex servers show up fast, the remote (shared) ones are slower to show up.

When I'm not at home, the situation is reversed as I'm now on a much faster internet connection. The remote ones show up first, the home ones are slower as they have to push up my slow home net pipe.

Handling Plex Delete is not a technical issue. It's because we are worried about some user not understanding what it does and delete some or all of their Plex media content by mistake. Of course we will get blamed no matter how many warning dialogs get clicked through.
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

I understand. Thank-you. I'm sure you're right about the Plex servers being slow to show up; thus, no need to display the submenu.

I have quite a bit of content that I always delete after viewing. With MrMC/Kodi libraries this is convoluted, but doable. (Manage, Remove, Really?, etc.) Since this is not available with the MrMC Plex client I end up using a standalone Plex client from which deletion is easy. Otherwise I have to remember to list and then delete stuff I've watched using the MrMC Plex client.

It seems like having to explicitly allow deletion on the Plex server side is enough of a fail safe, but, then again, I don't have to deal with unhappy customers.

Perhaps you could also have an option in the Plex client side setup that would globally allow or disallow deletion?